For the first person to be working on a new version of FBA-XXX

I will soon try and help out on this project..... mainly skining and GUI as kenshiro is doing a great job adding in new games...

That's cool ! :P i'm waiting for you ;)

Ive had a play with power drift and it was rocking along very well.

:(

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Powerdrift is playable,this is gonna be great. :P:(

kenshiro you say some games like galaxy foce and gloc run slow,would you still leave them in when your biuld is released as i would still like to have the chance to try them thanks.

edit/would adding a function to disable sound help a bit with galaxy force,gloc.....in mame for xbox on games like mortal kombat3,strikers1945 2and3 if you disable sound on these games they play a lot better and you dont get any of the frame-skipping.

im no expert but just my 2 cents.

would you still leave them in when your biuld is released as i would still like to have the chance to try them thanks.

Don't worry about that, they will stay in the build ;)

edit/would adding a function to disable sound help a bit with galaxy force,gloc

It isn't necessary. I mean, this games have slowdown, but not enough to be unplayable. It's only slowdowns, not low framerate every time ( we can speak about low framerate only on Galaxy Force, and even this one is still playable)

I don't have a play on a Xbox MAME build for a while, but the games like Mortal Kombat was really unplayable with sound ;) So it can't be compare ;)

Moreover, i don't have evidence that it the sound that causes this slowdown (maybe someone can confirm that? :( )

yeah your right kenshiro these emus really cant be compared their both different.

but disabling sound on mame for xbox makes mortal kombat extremely playable but their are earlier versions of mame that play mk really well with sound so really i think my suggestion isnt even worth trying.

i just thought that maybe if the processer didnt have to work on actually emulating the sound that it might have given the emulation of the game a bit more help.

but it was just a thought,keep up the good work. :(

edit/is thunderblade,desert breaker and ddcrew playable on your version of fba kenshiro?

edit/is thunderblade,desert breaker and ddcrew playable on your version of fba kenshiro?

Thunderblade is playable, DDcrew if i'm right is protected by FD1094. and need to verify for Desert Breaker :(

Edit: Confirm that DDcrew and Desert Breaker are FD1094 encrypted games, so unplayable at the moment (iq_132 gave me advices and things to look at in order to solve this problem, thanks to him ;) ).

Edited by - kenshiro -

ive been trying out progear on fbaxxxpro and then ive tried progear on the normal fbaxxx(newest version),is it just me or does the images on screen look slightly better or clearer on fbaxxxpro.

im just playing it through a scart cable.has anyone else noticed this. :P

edit/confirmed,fbaxxxpro does give a clearer picture on screen.

ive been trying out progear on fbaxxxpro and then ive tried progear on the normal fbaxxx(newest version),is it just me or does the images on screen look slightly better or clearer on fbaxxxpro.

im just playing it through a scart cable.has anyone else noticed this. :)

As i said you in PM, your eyes are probably ok, cause FBA-XXX Pro CPS2 code is more recent than normal version. So it's probably true ;)

Question - Is it feasible to bring RAIDEN from Mame to FBA?

Sorry to repply just now, i always forgot things :ph34r: lol.

Oopsware ported this driver to FBA a few time ago :P (thanks to him :banghead: )

I added that stuff to FBA-XXX Pro, this one use two Nec V30 processor instead of a 68000 : http://www.mameworld.net/maws/romset/raiden

There's 4 sets of this game, and now FBA-XXX Pro have a new CPU core :( (seems work fine)

Edited by - kenshiro -

Honestly i have no idea :( Giving a date would be a lie cause i really don't know, there's still a lot of work to do (especially on Neogeo sets) and bugs to fix :P

One more time, i forgot a thing lol . By added Raiden i've found a bug in the UI. In fact, this one has a very long manufacturer name and makes crash the Xbox when you scroll down the game list. I fixed it :banghead:

Edited by - kenshiro -