Report Problems, Bugs, Questions -> Mugen Xp Patch

Alpha

I have a simerler problem.

here are the system specs...

Processior : Deul AMD athlon MP 2400+'s (2.0 GHZ each)

RAM: 1 GIG DDR 2600

Video Card: ATI Radeon All in wonder 8500 128MB DDR

GigaByte Server board.

Even with the "wonder patch" and running through the little manager dealie i still get the same error every time. The window goes black for a second as it attempts to lauch the application the quits automattically, leaving my screen in a optical disarry of little white boxes like everywear and i cant see nothing, the only way to fix my resolution is to change it to another and then back to my normal settings, or restart. I also keep getting this error promt:

E:\MUGE!N\mugen.exe

The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.

CS:c000 IP:8fcd OP:63 ef c4 18 4a Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

ANy hints or clues to whats going on with this thing?

also is there any place aside from the perpetually down Elecbyte site that i can download the newest version of linix Muge!n?

Thank you and kind regards.

Hyphont Shokoku

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i installed the patch i got 2 error messages

1 in the log after installing

data\mugen.CFG -> Original file CRC error occurred, it has been skipped.

2 when i start the patch it says

not a valid integer

any help?

Redownload the Patch and makesure the filesize matches what it says. (it's been a while to remember exactly what it was)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Even with the "wonder patch" and running through the little manager dealie i still get the same error every time.  The window goes black for a second as it attempts to lauch the application the quits automattically, leaving my screen in a optical disarry of little white boxes like everywear and i cant see nothing, the only way to fix my resolution is to change it to another and then back to my normal settings, or restart.  I also keep getting this error promt:

I've got an All In Wonder 8600 with 512 DDR so I'm fine to run it.

I used to have MUGEN running on Win XP but now all of a sudden it wont work. Right now I get to the point where it asks me to change resolutions. I press Y but nothing happens. I press N nothing happens. I have to tab out of the program to get out.

When I did have MUGEN working I would also get this screen error where the white blocks would apear but now that I can't play MUGEN that error still comes with the new one as well.

BTW this is what it looks like.

mugen.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded mugen, and when I try to load it, an error comes up with the message....

cannot change to 320x240x16

change to 640x480x16?(y/n)

and if I choose yes, the screen pauses for a while, then dos closes.

if I choose no, it just closes, how do I get MUGEN to work?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The patch installed fine but mugen wont run.

All i get is a quick flash of

Loading button config for P1 joystick

Loading button config for P2 joystick

Initializing keyboard

and then it just brings me back to the mugen folder.

???????? please help ???????????

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I just installed the mugen xp too. It works great! :rolleyes:

However, after I exited (as in back to MWC), I got lots of horizontal lines which I can't get rid of unless I restart my computer. These lines mess up everything on the screen and I can't read anything on my screen anymore, leaving me no choice but to restart. Anybody else has this problem? Any ideas for a solution? I like Mugen but I'm not going to restart everytime I wanna stop playing.

Any help would be appreciated!

I'm using a laptop, btw, so that might be a factor.

My specs:

P4 2.40GHz

448MB of RAM

RADEON IGP 345M

Sound is fine.

I get the same problem but you don't have to restart your computer. Just right click on your Display Properties and change the color from 32 bit to 16 bit (well just change it to anything) and when it says "Would you like to keep these settings?" Press no and then it should bring everything back to normal.

That's one of the reasons I don't use MUGEN anymore because it was annoying to do that. No matter what video setting combination I used, it always did that to me.