Report Problems, Bugs, Questions -> Mugen Xp Patch

Alpha

sorry, i think I misunderstood that win2000 is not an upgrade of winxp but a downgrade rather. Therefore I upgraded my os to win xp. This still doesn't fix the problem, however. the game now exits with the same message as above (when run from command line). I have also checked that my video card does have VESA2.

any help will be appreciated.

btw, why alot of other games end up not being able to run after i upgrade to xp?

i am not able to access my yahoo email account either. any help on that is also appreciated.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, well... ever since I got WinXP like a year ago, I've been waiting for a time when I can finally put my 4gb MUGEN folder to good use again! And now I can!

I think.

Here's my system specs and my problem:

3.0ghz P4 processor

Intel MoBo w/ 800mhz fsb

PNY Verto GeForceFX 5650 8x AGP 256mb video card

SoundBlaster Live! card w/ front mounted input box

1GB PC2700 DDR RAM

Now, whenever I try to run Mugen (through mwc.exe or otherwise) at it's native resolution, the screen goes black and I have to exit manually. When I try to run any resolution at 24 bit color, I get the "change resolution to 640x480x16?" screen. I type "y" but the keyboard won't respond to any input EXCEPT for the windows button, which I need to again exit manually. Am I missing something? The only other problem I have is that it won't detect my soundcard, but I plan on using VDMsound for that once I get this all fixed. Any options anyone can offer me would be greatly appreciated. I miss Evil Ken's insane combo madness!

Exery time i try to install the patch it says "file corrupted download it again" what's up with that :(. i done it many times and it's the same thing Can you help me?

Hmm..that's the retarded problem of the server. Please use a Download Program instead and you should get all of it. Makesure it matches the filesize! If it doesn't, then obviously you need to download it again. IE is also a problem that adds on because it can't resume links and will complete downloads even if they are not complete. :P

I'm trying to figure out how to set up my joysticks for mugen. Even when I use the joystick to key exe, I can't seen to get it to work correctly.  Right now mugen will only recognize the d-pad & 2 buttons of my 10-button joystick. :(

There are different emulation methods joy2key will use.

To your right there should be the words Joysticks and Others.

Click Others.

You have the option of changing the emulation method and whether or not it uses X/Y axis while emulating.

I'm trying to figure out how to set up my joysticks for mugen. Even when I use the joystick to key exe, I can't seen to get it to work correctly.  Right now mugen will only recognize the d-pad & 2 buttons of my 10-button joystick. :(

Try this link to help you out if you haven't already...

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA016823/jo...ey/english.html

Credits: Alexis

• 3 weeks later...

hi!

new to mugen...

xp conversion works with no problems...

my question is about screenpacks/motifs

i've downloaded a capcom vs snk 2 motif and i wish to implement it through the emulator. i run the emulator and it looks for screenpack.def. but the pack is run from a batch file and can't go through the emulator.

can you please tell me what steps i need to do have the emulator use my screenpack.

please

thanks

mugen rocks

and you do too! B)

• 4 weeks later...

"initializing sound: no sound hardware found"

"Library <build in> message: can't change video

mode"

"Error detected"

I'm having Jettray's error too. My PC is AMD Athlon XP 1700+ (1.47GHz) with 768MB PC2700 DDR RAM, ATI Technologies Inc. RAGE 128 PRO Ultra GL AGP (32MB, 4x) integral with the motherboard, and for sound I have "CMI8738C3DX PCI Audio Device" and "Legacy Audio Drivers" -- this computer previously worked with Win98 2nd Ed. for Mugen, so... any help? (The patch was applied to a "clean" copy of MUGEN.)

guys i got a P4 processor and a GeForce FX 5200 Graphics Card, and an XP System, every time i try to run Mugen, on this video card and even on my old one it doesn't work, the screen would go black for a few seconds than exit out automatcially