Report Problems, Bugs, Questions -> Mugen Xp Patch

Alpha

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well so far I just know of one bug after looking at the Patch Settings which we were lazy to fix since it's not that big of a deal. Apparently the patch adds the following files on in the DATA folder that MAY not be needed. I need to double check and makesure. The files are:

data\Menu1.dah

data\Menu1.dal

data\Menu1.ttf

data\Menu2.ttf

data\Menu3.ttf

This might be some files we had for Life Bars or something since the Mugen Patch is basically a stripped version of my mugen. I don't know who made the files, I tried reading them from notepad, but you couldn't read anything. We will most likely remove these files from the patch if they are not needed in the next release which will most likely be next week or so. (We were really busy working on the website all day as cheesy as it looks!)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I got the updated driver for it, which isn't easy considering that 3dfx is no longer around (bought out by Nvidia i think). But whenever I start up mugen, even in 640x480x16 mode, and trying the different vesa modes, I just get a bunch of vertical lines, all scrambled up, i resize the window then i get orange horizontal lines across the top. Go figure.. I guess i just need a new graphics card, but I don't play many pc games as it is...this card has been a workhorse for the past several years, i hate to get rid of it.

Edited by Ares

I've never even heard of this problem. Also since your not getting an Error which you would get with a Real Incompatible card, then that would be different. But your getting weird lines, so then YES, your graphics card needs to be replaced. I recommend buying one from the ATI or nVidia series, they have both been tested to work with the patch. :)

here's the funny thing, i'm running mandrake linux 9.2, and had no problems starting it under linux, i was just trying to get the windows version up and going. Oh well, guess i'll stick to linux for now. Thanks for your help :)

Hehe.. that's great you got it on Linux! I'm going to install Linux soon myself. And since the platform now is Linux with ElecByte, you get a lot more updates and stuff. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have win2000, ATI rage 128 (GL) card, creative SB live

-I tried your patch, because I think win2000 is an upgrade of winxp

-I don't really know if my video card support vesa, I think it does,

cuz I had once played mugen on win 95 on this same computer, and I

haven't changed my video card.

I used to get "initializing sound: no sound hardware found"

"can't change video mode to 320x240x16bits"

"switch to 640x480x16bits? [y/n]"

[y]

"Library <build in> message: can't change video

mode"