Why does Anime drop the ball?

Alright, I just got online a few days ago, after 2 1/2 months of no net activity. At work, a buddy and me talk about all sorts of things, current anime being one of the topics. We talk about Naruto, Bleach, and perhaps a few others, you know, the most popular stuff in the states right now.

Anyway, he reminds me that I can catch up on all the episodes, I never got to see. Which is alot, seeing as

I only saw a handfull for both Naruto, and Bleach. So last night, I started at the beginning of bleach. The first few episodes were alright, but then they just got silly. Well at least a few out of the batch I saw last night. I also watched the Naruto movie, "The big mission to rescue the snow princess" and they dropped the ball on that too. When I watch Naruto episodes, I must be lucky, and catch the cool ones, but they also fall short.

I mean come-on... Naruto has the Nine Tail fox within him... And all he does is a mega multiplicity jutsu. And all his doubles are jobbers!!! If I split into 50+ Belthasars... Believe me... it's over! As for the bleach nonsense, the big guy... has a stuid looking armored arm. Thats his crap... his arm, and it looks retarded!!! I can easily come up with something better looking than that, and I'm rusty as hell. And what is with the chick with the 'lil fiery creatures??? GAAAAY... I understand, that you gotta have alittle bit of everything, to bring in the biggest amount of viewers, but thats selling out. They have the material to do some bad ass stuff, but they FAIL!

But it's more of the same, I remember Dragon Ball Z doing the same... Battles that repeat the same sequences 2-3 times, or charging up power for a spirit bomb, for 5+ episodes...

I know if you had bad ass stuff going on constantly, you would not recognize it as such after a short while, (you could not have good, without bad) but I just wish someone would crank up the heat, on the sequences that are supposed to be bad ass.

Well anyway, I'm still going to watch, and hope I get to see some good action. Perhaps it will motivate me to get stated on character development with my buddy.

Alright, I'm done ranting... for now

Mostly depends on the series if they drag it out for along time.

A few of the shorter series get to the point and that's it.

It's the 100+ episode series that discuss everything to death...Naruto is the worst for that. 4 episodes talking about an unstoppable move that no one can evade or live from the hit.....but 5 episodes later it misses and everyone's shocked for the next 2 episodes....

Most of the anime you see on tv is edited too.

The standard of writing and general production values of anime are shockingly low. This is why I really can't stand the stuff.

I would point to the death of L in Death Note as another example of how apparently no one in Japan knows how to properly build and resolve drama. 20 episodes of chit-chat and mind games about discovering the guy's identity followed by 'Oh no, L's dead. Moving on then...'. That whole show was the same thing Naruto or anything else... heaps of episodes building something up, it never happening, and then suddenly its over and forgotten about.

Also the need to talk everything to death as though the viewers have attention spans the length of their d!cks is particularly annoying. I suppose there is really no need to get to the point if each episode only costs around $3 to roll out, given all the cheap and recycled footage, but FFS.

There'll be more to my rant later but I'm done for now.

Yea... I understand the cycles... But alot of time, it's overkill. 5 episodes explaining a super move... flock that. I understand, you gotta instill how bad ass a move is... so that when it does miss, you too are like oh-crap! But come the flock on!!! There is more that one way to do anything... it seems like the easy way out... the route they take. But I also think they like to stretch it out, because it equals more money for them in the end.

My buddy says all this Naruto crap is just filler, because the stuff out now, perhaps graphic novels... i don't know... is the crap. Id sure like to begin tracking down whatever it is he was talking about....

Bleach Anime is pretty bad-ass right now..... Naruto Anime needs to speed the hell up........and fyi, Manga > Anime.

Also the dude with the arm, however "bad" it seems at first, the true form I still believe (after seeing the later episodes) is that his body turns into a Soul Cyber Bot, which will be bad ass.

Aside the dude, that chick can control time >.>......so no.

Naruto Fillers is another story....episodes late 140ish to end in the anime titled "Naruto" should never be watched. Naruto Shippuden is where the Naruto story went off.

Bleach Fillers are "ok", but not a neccesary watch either.

OMg naruto ship is like , "WE trying to....um....make it look cool...so....we're gonna drag(SUPER DRAG) ou these epsides which about 21 mins, but if take away the intor and ending, you have about 18mins(WTF!!!) of people staring at some amazing power and the the person has that power doing only like 3 attacks and thats it!

They said theyt would stop fillers but omg, i think i rather have filler than 18mins of staring at each other and saying, "Thats....uh..."

DONE!

I say what I've been saying for a long time. Bleach's "fillers" are extremely satisfying compared to Naruto's.

And anime always lags behind its manga counterpart. This is how it has always been. Same with the original manga being superior to the anime adaptation. Some exceptions exist though.

popular Shonen anime formula, that's all. if the series is long then more product can be made and more fans too. I'm starting to find Naruto and Bleach anime to become worse and worse, maybe cuz i already read the manga or i'm gettin old. i only watch thsoe two anime for the fight scenes. I think with manga, the story can be told with out dragging it. The thing with anime based on on going manga is that if the anime progress too fast then it'll catch up to the manga and it'll be hard to come up with new episode. That's why there are filler episodes and sometimes even worse is the anime just change the story completely

But i honestly have to admit the latest bleach episode (minus the big breasted whore's speech) was down right cool!

Oh didnt she look a lil fatter in that episode???.....

buut naruto is like....super draggin....

Edited by Shoma

Long animes suck. Why? Because more than half of the show is just fillers and stupid episodes about someones dog, cat, lost item, special days or whatever. But it's not the rule in anime, there are many out there that have few or no fillers. Most of these last 25 eps or less. BTW I'm a huge fan of anime and I think Naruto sucks monkey.