Can we expect another XBOX 360 price drop soon?

Alpha

I was reading in last month's EGM that they're probably going to drop the price of the Playstation 3 to $299 for the 40GB version this summer. Can we expect a similar price drop for the XBOX 360? And when is the next/new motheroboard coming out for the XBOX 360? And is it still easy to flash the drive firmwares of the latest XBOX 360's? :)

If elite 360 drops to $300, I'm so getting it :>!

Eh, I doubt Elite would drop that much. I'm looking forward for the Pro (Premium) dropping instead.

as long as the 360 is doing better then the ps3 there isn't much motivation for MS to price drop. I don't see a price drop happening until holiday season. but if they wanted to they could easily drop to 275 or250 and undercut ps3 again.

MS doesn't care about loosing money on consoles as there is pretty much a built in $50 a year income via live, plus all the live purchases.

You Americans aren't getting a price drop. Europe is getting one in the next month or so and I think that will extend to Australia a month or so after that.

But like garageink says, the machine is performing well in the States. If they don't need to desperately move units, why cut the price?

Looking forward to some PS3 price drops, I only plan to buy the system when FFXIII hits the shelves. Just for the reocrd my older brother bought his PS2 on launch day for 999AUD (around 930USD), they dropped by 300 by the end of the week. His broke 18 months into its life, the repairs would have cost somewhere in the 400 dollar mark as the main board was fried.

But cheers for the heaps up, price drops are aways awesome.

(The Xbox360 Arcade is actually the same / cheaper then the Wii down here, another price drop onto it would be amazing).

Edited by emwearz

the european price-drop has already happened,a few weeks ago.here in the uk the premium dropped by £50.

gc concerning your question about flashing,there is apparently a new drive out,some kind of weird hybrid of an existing drive,think that one needs a chip.best bet is to get one with a ben-q drive,best for flashing the firmware and its the quietest drive as well.