Your favorite system controller?

2eyez

I consider the PS controllers the next step after the SNES controllers, which they basically were, and consider them the best out there. I haven't had any problems with the Gamecube controller or the Wiimote held on its side. XBox controllers have felt weird to me. Dreamcast controllers fit my hand really well, so I like those. And for the record, the DSLite is too small, though it isn't really a controller. It always hurt my hand trying to use one.

The PS controllers. While the analog on the 360 pad is placed nicely, the D-pad isnt and its quite horrendous.

The N64 Controllers i hated, to use the D-Pad was the Worst, the controller was too wide and some games were just better off being played with the D-Pad

The Blisterfull Dreamcast controller was Ok except lack of second analog and the rough ass buttons which gave u blisters if u played enough

SNES controllers are second best to the PS because they are very Flimsy and sometimes u have to push hard in order to use some buttons. Its rare but it happens

If we're talking just about console controllers then I'll go for the 360 controller. Except for the crappy d-pad, I love everything else about it. It's the perfect shape with the proper placements for the buttons.

Well I have been using the PS controllers for so long, Id say they are the best. But Id have to agree with the 'ole Japanese Saturn controller and the SNES controller being superior... for their time, the D pads were awesome. I actually have issues with the 360's D pad though. I couldn't play properly on SF on the 360 arcades. But otherwise, it's a great controller.

I hated the Dreamcast controller. And the old "DUKE" the first gen XBOX controllers.... what the hell were they thinking!!

I'd REALLY love to know where the love for Saturn pads is coming from. I have Japanese V2 pads, the BEST standard Saturn pads in existence and they aren't all that great.

The Saturn pads buttons are too stiff feeling (No matter the pad) without enough of a concave OR convex shape, the D-Pad on Sega's pads are **** no matter the system and ALL Saturn pads are WAY too lightweight.

Don't get me wrong, theres essentially "nothing wrong with them" from a use standpoint, they get the job done........but theres more than enough to pick apart when the subject at hand is the topic of this thread, that ANY Sega controller belongs at the bottom of any list (Dreamcast controller sucks ass, period BTW. The system is a different story though, I love the system and hate the controller more than any other)

i find that a lot of people on other forums ,specifically retro games ,all seem to think that the saturn controller is their preferred choice,especialy as i said for one on one fighters.

the xbox1 controller is a nightmare,the duke as bel put it,ive got my xbox rigged up with a converter to use a saturn controller and its just thebest,for pulling off combos,i just like the feel of the controller and the fact that you have a proper arcade style layout with the 6 buttons(not including the shoulder buttons).

Remember the "Power Glove" Yea.... pure genius

lol I remember the kid in my hood who had all the different nintendo gizmos, ROB, the track pad, powerglove, a weird 360 degree pad, the arcade stick pwned though, all I had was the controllers and lightgun that came with my system. now the OG NES pads were some rugged S.O.B.s when I was a kid I could really fling a controller at the drop of a hat.

as for the Saturn pad, I think the overall shape and button layout is what people really love. the best D-pad hands down is the SNES pad IMO.