Gyakuten Kenji (Ace Prosecutor?) Announced

perfectprosecutor-1.jpg

A third-person investigation / courtroom drama game featuring Miles Edgeworth from the Phoenix Wright / Ace Attorney series. Makes use of a similar interface and is currently in the works at Capcom. No ETA.

* A law adventure game where you act as the prosecutor.

* Main characters are Miles Edgeworth, Dick Gumshoe

* You control Edgeworth, searching for overlooked evidence and inconsistencies at the crime scene.

* New search and deduction systems are introduced.

All I have to say is holy sh!t. Who saw this coming?

th_080409_01.jpg th_080409_02.jpg

Source: Weekly Game Journal (via Famitsu Magazine).

I saw it coming. My brother and I were planning on using the Phoenix Wright editor that's currently in the works to make a mulitple perspective PW game. In some cases you would have to be defending people. In others, you'd have to put them away.

Still, great news. Edgeworth vs Phoenix (I guess it would be Apollo now) with Edgeworth coming out on top each case. So much for our former heroes' perfect win streak (last case of Justice For All notwithstanding. You made the guy confess if you plead Not Guilty at the end, and besides, he had it coming).

Still, great news. Edgeworth vs Phoenix (I guess it would be Apollo now) with Edgeworth coming out on top each case. So much for our former heroes' perfect win streak (last case of Justice For All notwithstanding. You made the guy confess if you plead Not Guilty at the end, and besides, he had it coming).

Edgeworth pretty much gave up being a prosecutor full-time after the first game. If anything, this game should logically take place before Phoenix Wright started appearing in court.

And thanks for just spoiling the JFA ending for people.

yeah when I heard about this few days ago, I got sorta excited and of course the fangirls of Gyakuten Saiban series is even moar crazy since Mitsurugi Reiji is just flat out cool. But yeah, Gumshoe + Mitsurugi = EPIC WINS, moar wins if Gumshoe is also playable.

• 2 weeks later...

Guess what? No court scenes. No court scenes in this series = epic fail. I'm at least hoping that new chick is a new Fey sister. Or maybe one of the ones we already know, just grown up and cool. Might make sense in a future setting where Edgeworth isn't technically a prosecutor anymore... would fit if we never go to court.

I never got into all this prosecutor games... wonder what's so great about all this.

It is really that great?

Yes.

It's the story and dialogue that are really superb, but the rest of the gameplay isn't a hindrance. It can really test your problem solving and perception.