We're back ... back again ... yes again!

Another server crash, and another restore. Unfortunately, it's a part of the 1Emulation Lifestyle™.

Anyway, around 84 posts were lost, including any other data (private messages, blog posts, profile changes, etc.). I found that it was necessary for us to do the restore to prevent any problems in the future. It was about 16 hours of data lost, as the last backup was made early today. I promise that this should stop happening very soon as we have some big changes coming soon for 1Emulation that should also patch us up a lot better.

We're sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused. If you have a specific post that you want to retrieve, please private message me, and there is a *good* chance I can help you out.

Welcome back to 1Emulation! :)

Is there a server change or something on the horizon?

I don't know if I can really answer that right now. I have discussed with miskie that I want to buy another server for our upcoming big changes, and the more this happens, the more I think we need it. At the same time, miskie proves a good point, and someone or some people are using us for target practice. So I'm not sure how much better it'll be if we change servers.

The other issue is that I'm not too familiar on how to run a dedicated server. So unless one of the staff members or someone we can trust knows how to do that, that'll also further delay us from getting a new server.

It seems the server got busted again last night for quite a few hours.

Thankfully, we fixed it again, and we even found what the problem was.

This time it appears it was only a server software issue. :P