bugs/keymap changes in COinops!

fumanchu

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks BP and eveyone else involved in get this distributed.

Is it me or is there setting to change p1 controls on 6 button games like Alpha3 and Turbo, as only 3 buttons appear to be in the config while p2 has all 6 buttons that can be changed in the config.

Has anyone noticed this or know how to change it?

Sorry if this is out of place, but is it ok to make gui suggestions here?

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I absolutely *love* Brit's idea of being able to set old games to use a separate Scaling Filter while keeping it set to off for the newer games that can't handle the speed hit. I believe she was talking about using this feature with Scale2x? My request is basically the same as Brit's idea, but with the addition of Simple2x as a filter option. Simple2x doesn't try to do anything fancy -- it just cuts down on the blurriness, which is exactly what many of us want!

This feature, to me, would make Coinops absolutely perfect!

(...) Simple2x doesn't try to do anything fancy -- it just cuts down on the blurriness, which is exactly what many of us want! (...)

I second that.

For GOD, yes.

Simple 2X is a blessing of the GODS.

But for me, I use SIMPLE 2X in all games (under Mameox128Plus).

Just for having a way of using Simple2X it will be already a HIT!

BP my man, please add SIMPLE2X to the CoinOPS config panel!

Regards,

Cospefogo.

OK adding more filters now...the autofilter is kind of lame :) simple x2 looks pretty good

Looks like new catagories (thanks alot to Cospefogo for doing alot of it). The Classics catagory will be removed as they can be pinned to Favs now as seen in settings.. also in settings you will see Simple x2 filter

looks like Beta is next weekend now not this one as some new cool toys have been discussed and have to be added :banghead: man its getting really nice to use now.... so many changes ... simpler yet better

xxxx.jpg

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

OK adding more filters now...the autofilter is kind of lame :thumbsup1: simple x2 looks pretty good

Looks like new catagories (thanks alot to Cospefogo for doing alot of it). The Classics catagory will be removed as they can be pinned to Favs now as seen in settings.. also in settings you will see Simple x2 filter

looks like Beta is next weekend now not this one as some new cool toys have been discussed and have to be added :) man its getting really nice to use now.... so many changes ... simpler yet better

Wow, you work really fast Brit. Thanks -- I'm sure me and Cos won't be the only ones happy to see Simple2x in there.

About the autofilter -- perhaps a more practical (non-lame!) solution would be to save the Scaling Filter setting for each game? True, that would mean more work for a feature you may not really want. Still, not having to change the Scaling Filter every time we switch between older and newer games would be handy nonetheless.

Cos -- You re-categorized the games, huh? Awesome job. With the new features, game control fixes and re-categorization, there's a lot to look forward to.

About the autofilter -- perhaps a more practical (non-lame!) solution would be to save the Scaling Filter setting for each game? True, that would mean more work for a feature you may not really want. Still, not having to change the Scaling Filter every time we switch between older and newer games would be handy nonetheless.

Cos -- You re-categorized the games, huh? Awesome job. With the new features, game control fixes and re-categorization, there's a lot to look forward to.

Hey guys,

I really, really, really, really would love to be able to have each game with

it's own filter and resolution settings... but I think it is not feasible.

Mame for Xbox (and even Mame for computers [correct me if I am wrong])

just have a SINGLE resolution/filters setting for all titles.

But Zhoul, I am having here in my mind some ideas to be able to run

different Mame games as in its own original resolutions, with its own settings.

As soon as Command Line feature gets finished, I will start a mass production

of several Hex-Edited CoinOPS (to save in different folders inside TDATA and UDATA)

separated for each game.

Each new CoinOPS will be configured to run some determined games, under POINT,

SCALE2X, with no damn' blur or smoothness at all. Moreover, each will be adjusted

to match the REAL resolution (width x height) of the respective game it will be running.

My very sure first prodcucts will be:

- A Mame CoinOPS running GOLDEN AXE

- A Mame CoinOPS running SHINOBI

- A Mame CoinOPS running SHADOW DANCER

- A Mame CoinOPS running TOKI

- A Mame CoinOPS running ESWAT

- A Mame CoinOPS running DOUBLEDRAGON1 + DOUBLEDRAGON2

And so on.

The only problem will eternally be:

THERE IS NO COORDINATES and SCREEN SIZE VALUES in the

SCREEN SETTINGS... It is a PAIN to, for example, to put my

"Ghost and Goblins" screen in the PERFECT 256x224 pixels resolution

size with no numbers at all to guide me.

To finish:

With the possibility of COMMAND LINE, we can launch each game with

real real fidelity to each arcade game, right from a shortcut, with

no Mame interaction at all... (I hope so!) and that's it!

At the moment I have already a stand alone old Mameox (072 Core)

running the double dragons perfectly, alone, with no conflict at all

with Mameox128 and CoinOPS.

Regards,

Cospefogo.