Just watched Cloverfield

It was a monster film, plain and simple. Since when was there a monster film that was actually intense and had you on the edge of your seat in the last 10 years? With the King Kong remake as a letdown and Godzilla just being awful, this movie takes the cake.

Everyone hates the camera work, big whoop. It's the major complaint about the movie, and everyone knows that. Even I hated the camera work, but still found the film very enjoyable.

And if you were expecting it to "return to cinema" mode, what made you think that? The film was completely shot on digital 8s.

It was a monster film, plain and simple. Since when was there a monster film that was actually intense and had you on the edge of your seat in the last 10 years? With the King Kong remake as a letdown and Godzilla just being awful, this movie takes the cake.

Everyone hates the camera work, big whoop. It's the major complaint about the movie, and everyone knows that. Even I hated the camera work, but still found the film very enjoyable.

And if you were expecting it to "return to cinema" mode, what made you think that? The film was completely shot on digital 8s.

......King Kong was Great

OH MAN

I HATED IT BECAUSE IT SUCKED BECAUSE MY BEST FRIEND SAID IT SUCKED EVEN THOUGH I SAW IT AND DID NOT THINK IT SUCKED.

flock off, tools.

It was awesome because form matches function: By seeing the disaster happen through the eyes of a doofus, it makes the entire situation plausible.

ive enjoyed the flick everytime i have seen it. it was a nice love story with some make ya think monster crap happening on the side. the cam work was one of the things i loved about it. cant wait for the sequal or prequal or what ever they are gonna do with the second one.i for one would be pleased with them doing a normal movie telling what happened, how it got here ,and the aftermath.

......King Kong was Great

King Kong was the biggest let down in the last 5 years. Too much emphisis on being CGI, it's slow build up and medicore dailogue is also another reason why it was just felt so average. It got a decent acting from SOME of the actors, but it leaves more to be desired for. I do praise it's cinematography though, it was top notch.