The Pregnant Man

Jitway

On Thursday, Oprah introduced Oregon resident Thomas Beatie to anyone who hadn't yet heard of him. Beatie, a transgender man who is legally male, is six months pregnant with his and his wife's child. La Winfrey called the expectant situation "a new definition of what diversity means for everybody."

And everybody, it seems, is interested. Over the past seven days, searches for "pregnant man" rose 26,879%. Demand for "thomas beatie" grew more than 3,000%. Interest in "oregon man pregnant" has swelled 461%.

As for the skeptics who typed "man claims he is pregnant" and "pregnant man?" into Search, we can answer: Mr. Beatie retained his female reproductive organs. Because he has a uterus, he can get pregnant and carry a baby to term.

In Buzz, some of the most popular articles from the past week focused on the bun in Beatie's oven. As we posted earlier, Boing Boing and Huffington Post were two of the first sources to surface with articles on the story. Since then, the Huffington Post scored another hit with an item revealing more photos of the fertile daddy.

LilSugar, Yahoo! News, and People.com have also polled well with Buzz readers. The People.com article, which offers an exclusive video clip from the Oprah appearance, was one of the most voted-on articles in Buzz after the show aired.

So has this childbearing event really redefined what diversity means for everybody? The tale certainly seems to have people thinking about gender issues. We've noted a surge in queries for "transgendered" and "transgender pregnancy." Lookups for "pregnant man" have flowed in from every state in the U.S. and every age group.

With the fruitful papa about to enter his third trimester, we may have three more months of this baby buzz. Enjoy it!

So this dude has both organs...hmmm. I know they exist but I really doubt he has the true means to carry a baby full term.

So what you think?

Source HERE

Saw this on CNN, and supposidly the oprah episode where he appeared they did a scan on his tummy to prove his pregnant, and is having a baby girl. Also one important peice of info(imo) left out in your post is that the baby started in the womans body, and then put into his.

Something in my head says that I remember hearing somewhere that this is possible, the only change would be the birth, where they would have to go in and cut up the dude to give the kid a place to come out, kinda like Mcbeth :>!

the baby started in the womans body, and then put into his.

are you sure about this? My mom said his wife could not have babies, so they went to a sperm bank and started the baby in him.

• 2 weeks later...

What the hell. You see, you miss all sorts of stuff when you don't have the internet or cable. And since I don't use an antenna, I have no TV whatsoever.

To my understanding, transgenders reproductive organs don't work. But thats what I was told so....

If this is true, then the only possibility, is it was not his egg. But since he has a uterus, all it needs to do is stick to it, and the body takes over. Man what a mind flock. What in the hell. I'm thinking it is possible. But man... Where do you buy a card for this situation?

Edited by Belthasar

um.. ew....?

Opera is a ho. Next thing you know she'll have guests from the Jerry Springer show on who are giving birth to baby goats with rat heads. crap's whack man.

and as far as a man having a baby goes.... what is this world coming to? Before you know it, God's gonna smote down everybody.

Sounds like some Sodom and Gomorrah crap.