What's up with some games not working properly on lcd t.v.'s?

SF2MJ

What's up with some games not working properly on lcd t.v.'s?.I know that guitar hero on my lcd t.v. has to be re-calibrated.So that the graphics blend in properly with the button presses.And the timing is right.

And i recently played History channel battle for the pacific...and the aiming was awful.Is it just me or is the aiming in that game bad in general?.

Anybody else notice any other games that you have to fiddle around with in the settings,to make the game run properly?.

I don't have "game mode" on my t.v. But i do have my 360 plugged into an hdmi socket.Could using a vga cable in the rgb socket in my t.v. make a difference to the delay?.Compared to hdmi?.

Edited by SF2MJ

Well, I don't have any such problems- I don't think you should either with a 360??

'Game mode' on your TV is to help with the lag caused by upscaling an SD signal to HD. Your 360, over HDMI, is outputting the HD signal- there should be no lag. Playing a PS2 DDR game is a biatch, but Universe isn't a problem at all.

I'm not sure if / why / when you'd need to sync a game to the TV, but I've never had to. And I've played Guitar Hero 2 and 3 on mine too.

It's an issue with all LCD and Plasma HDTVs, DLP HDTVs don't suffer this problem. But it's because in HD on Plasma and LCD handle it differently, which is Refresh Rate. Some HDTVs on the market have a "Gamer Mode" or something similar. Every HDTV set is different and you might not have this option. For example, for Rock Band on my Bravia, we had to set it to 57ms to get it to sync properly with us playing, same with Guitar Hero. This problem isn't alone with just PS3 and 360. When I used my Gamecube and Wii, had the same problem as well both with Zelda and my Dreamcast with REZ and Capcom VS SNK 2.

yikes ... I never knew about this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. It looks like I'll have to do some research before I purchase an LCD/HDTV for my gaming consoles.

Yep it's the refresh, also these tvs have slower response time than normal tvs.

Ask for the manual at the store before you buy or research the model on the net to make sure you won't have this problem. I know people that have tvs that can't play games correctly and it's very annoying.

So, does the Bravia V series 32" have the gamer mode?

None of the Bravias so far have any sort of "Gamer Mode," I know because mine doesn't, neither does my cousin's and my neighbore's aswell.

The delay is only noticable on games that require tight rythm, some games just skip right by and work fine.