So Anyone Watch Wrestlemania XXIV?

Jitway

Biggest PPV in WWE history. It was a good one that's for sure. The best was Mayweather KO’s Big Show.

WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather defeated the seven-foot, 441-pound Big Show at the Florida Citrus Bowl by virtue of a knockout at WrestleMania XXIV.

At 5-8, 159 pounds, “Money” Mayweather overcame nearly a 300-pound disadvantage, courtesy of his right hand and some dubious tactics.

After attempting to play cat-and-mouse with the Big Show for much of the match, Mayweather found himself in trouble when the “world’s largest athlete” wrapped his hands around the boxer’s neck.

But Mayweather countered with a kick to the giant’s groin and - due to the stipulation that “anything goes” - repeatedly hit the Big Show in the head with a steel chair.

The six-time champion then finished off his opponent by putting brass knuckles on his right hand and delivering one big punch to the jaw.

After the Big Show went down, the referee ruled him out at the count of 10, setting off a celebration from Mayweather and drawing loud boos from the 74,635 in attendance.

The match was one of the highlights at the event. The WWE is looking to break the wrestling pay-per view record of 1.2 million buys - set at last year’s WrestleMania.

Mayweather owns the boxing pay-per view record with 2.4 million buys for his victory over Oscar De La Hoya last May.

The Mayweather-Big Show rivalry began at “No Way Out” in February, when Big Show taunted the six-time boxing champion, and Mayweather responded by bloodying the giant and breaking his nose.

Mayweather, a long-time WWE fan and friend of wrestler Rey Mysterio, was in attendance, but couldn’t stand by and watch Big Show destroy Mysterio.

Big Show was returning to WWE after a 14-month absence that night, and his melee with Mayweather sparked headlines around the world. But it also left him embarrassed, so he challenged Mayweather to the fight, and the speedy boxer readily accepted.

I know it is all staged but still one hell of a show.

The match is a FARCE, disgrace to all wrestling fans. I rather watch the Bunnymania match. Seriously though, I enjoyed the Hall Of Fame induction the night before simply becos the trail-blazing, eyebrow raising ;) , pie eating, you know the face, you know the name, the Great One, The ROCK is in the show.

Best line from him is the one about illegal torture at Iraq and John Cena :P

Really hope he comes back for one more match.

The Rock is a big time movie star now. He doesn't have time for WWE. He gets paid more making movies and it is easier on his body. Hell I wouldn't come back.

I don't bother watching the homo-erotic soap opera that the WW setup has become. If we assume it's faked for safety reasons, then the only guys there who could actually kick someone's ass and are still worth a damn personality-wise would be Hulk Hogan and the Undertaker as they're from back when this crap was real.

Hulk Hogan and the Undertaker as they're from back when this crap was real.

it hasn't been real since like the 60's man.

I heard a cable snapped and whipped into the crowd, hurting a bunch of people.

Really?

I watch the Wrestle mania and the Raw after that. The tribute to Flair is awesome. Disappointed that the Rock didn't make an appearance.

FINALLY, THE ROCK HAS COOOME BACK TO OOOOORLAAANDO!!!!

if the rock and stone cold came back in all the late 90s glory I'd watch again, I thought Jericho would be able to bring me back but I still just don't care.

I haven't watched this since it changed to WWE, actually from around WM10 with the Michaels/Ramon Bret/Owen matches.

The only event I ever really liked was the Rumble. '92 Rumble with Flair is still my favourite.

And it was always a homo-erotic soap opera from I started watching it around 87/88.

I would say this year's Wrestlemania is ok in my book, better than last year. ANd it is nice to see the open stadium. I think they did it once on Wrestlemania 10?