I got a wii today

Rawrthness

I decided to get it and i wanted to know if there is any way to get like N64 games and stuff on here for free other then the shopping mall?

also how the hell do you play like wii sports online with people?

At this point it's not possible to play pirated games on your Wii. Not even roms. You would require to mod your Wii, which would probably cause problems with the firmware, and run an emulator in game cube mode. Some games like SBB and SMG require a certain firmware to run so IMO modding would probably end up bricking your Wii :( (for now)

Congrats on your Wii though. I've found that many games are worth paying and downloading them, you can also buy used Game Cube games on the net or at rental stores for cheap. I bought Star Fox Adventures for like 5 dollars and it's a fun game. I'm sure you will be proud of your collection. Make sure you research what you buy and only get what is truly worth the money.

Edited by Tynvar

• 2 weeks later...
At this point it's not possible to play pirated games on your Wii. Not even roms.

Slight update on that. There are emulators (specifically a Snes and Megadrive one atm in reference to VC and roms) working on un-modded Wii's using the Twilight Hack, with the possibility of an N64 emulator reported but I have not seen myself. At this point in time all you need is a copy of Zelda:TP, an SD card (+ reader for pc obviously) and gc controller(for the time being). check out wiibrew on the net.

At this point it's not possible to play pirated games on your Wii. Not even roms.

Slight update on that. There are emulators (specifically a Snes and Megadrive one atm in reference to VC and roms) working on un-modded Wii's using the Twilight Hack, with the possibility of an N64 emulator reported but I have not seen myself. At this point in time all you need is a copy of Zelda:TP, an SD card (+ reader for pc obviously) and gc controller(for the time being). check out wiibrew on the net.

Did you read my whole post. You sort of took it out of context

"At this point it's not possible to play pirated games on your Wii. Not even roms. You would require to mod your Wii, which would probably cause problems with the firmware, and run an emulator in game cube mode.

You would require to mod your Wii, which would probably cause problems with the firmware, and run an emulator in game cube mode.

I know you can run a GBC emulator on a un-modded wii from your SD card using the Zelda Exploit as I myself have used it (And it runs in Wii mode of course, thus the SD card working). I have not used / heard of any others that allow you to do that just yet.

At this point it's not possible to play pirated games on your Wii. Not even roms. You would require to mod your Wii, which would probably cause problems with the firmware, and run an emulator in game cube mode. Some games like SBB and SMG require a certain firmware to run so IMO modding would probably end up bricking your Wii :rolleyes: (for now)

Congrats on your Wii though. I've found that many games are worth paying and downloading them, you can also buy used Game Cube games on the net or at rental stores for cheap. I bought Star Fox Adventures for like 5 dollars and it's a fun game. I'm sure you will be proud of your collection. Make sure you research what you buy and only get what is truly worth the money.

GameCube games are hard to come by these days. New or used for that matter. The other problem is that all of them are way overpriced, since the Wii plays them perfectly. I'm very surprised that you were able to get StarFox Adventures for so cheap. I really want to get F-Zero GX and Metroid 1 and 2. I haven't even played Super Mario Sunshine either. :(

Just a side announcement, Nintendo are producing Gamecube controllers again (only in white) in japan, this is awesome and I hope they come down under, im sick of using this third party cheapo one, real ones are close to impossible to find in a store, and online cost more then they did when the cube was out.