Hey BP

ressurectionx

Hey BP

You know... for real and I mean this, I do feel bad about the way that I acted around here for the last few weeks. I still don't appreciate the way that you talked to me, but I could have misinterpreted your intent or whatever... I mean I have commented multiple times about how I can't understand half the stuff you say sometimes, but hey man I ain't no saint and I got pleanty of flaws. If no bad intentions was the case I'm cool with that. I don't wanna have beef with you so consider the hatchet buried on my end. I'm glad you've returned to the scene not just for the people looking forward to your new release, but also because I want to see all the cool crap you did with the new build myself. The anticipation is getting to me, as I'd imagine it is to everyone else who is going to benefit from your work. I know the work you do is more than parlor tricks and I do respect the effort it takes on your part.

[i fully expect garageink to com in at some point and call me a fag at this point.

BTW garageink, your post about the 18 pages of LOL made me piss my pants.

If it didn't seem like this was enjoyable to me the opposite is true. All this is is some psych up bullshit about having an adversary and feeding off that to hone that energy and fing do something. Thanks for being a nemesis BP. I'll get to that level that we're working together. So you don't want to teach... cool. I'm learning now. I said I ain't a bad guy and I meant it. The fact is that I do appreciate the fact that GameCop didn't ban me and that you didn't colloborate with others to really persue getting me banned. For that, probalby more than your coding, you have earned my respect.

I ain't kissing your ass though man... lol. Already been the guy to accuse too many people of doing it to start doing it now.

I got something in the works that you may be interested in. I know you hate long posts and like working more on IM, but I think with my temperment I work much better myself reading like a story than an interactive movie.

I'm figuring out a lot and I just recently started a project with the original source that you gave me before that I truly believe could revolutionize MAME on the XBox (that I would believe to be nearly 100% integrateable into yours if you decide that you like it, because I'm under the impression that you don't alter the drivers ".c" files very often. I take perfect notes of what I'm doing, so it will be easy to tell what you would want to add or not. I won't get into it too much now until I get the true results of a few days straight working on it, but at this point I expect to cut about 10MB to the original driver's code.... maybe more, maybe less, but it will be quite a bit however it ends. I know that what I'm doing will make rebuilds of MAME quite a bit quicker when it is done, but I was thinking that maybe it would free up memory to get games that maybe didn't play at 100% to play better. I don't even know if that last part is possible, but I like clean code and I'm trimming the bullshit fat. I don't belive that anybody has even tried doing this before or you would have had it in your original source. I'll be working on in the next few days and I'll let you know how it comes out.

Tons of work ahead of me testing what I'm doing, but it so far has cut down 1.3 MB of original source code without effecting gameplay at all. I'd love to hear what you think that removing a signifigant chunk of unnessacerry C++ code from the source might mean in terms of end results on MAME performance.

Hope you don't mind that I posted this in a public forum, but I don't like talking behind closed doors. My Grandpa, God rest his soul, would never hesitate one second to tell anybody, even complete strangers, that if they had something to say that minute that they could say it loud enough so anyone around them could hear.

Later BP, and good luck with your project and thanks for the things you have taught me and more importantly thanks for the drive you've given me to persue .xbe perfection.

Respectfully,

~Rx

EDITED TO ADD: As much as I blame you for making me learn how to code for the XBox, I thank you for making me learn how to code on the XBox.

Edited by ressurectionx

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's BP?

BritneysPAIRS man. The current, and to my knowledge, only master of MAME programming on the XBox.

I recommend reading this thread for some laughs:

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php...6239&st=220

"I can't believe I've been missing out on this thread, it's like the best and worst of the xbox and mame scenes all rolled up in 18+ pages of lol." as reviewed by garageink

Peace,

~Rx

removing that wont effect performance at all, well its does by about 1 percent, the midways games it wont effect at all. You would be better off making the VMM code leaner, but Export is the expert there. I am no expert at all people like export is although I dont like his GUIs, if he was involved he would sort stuff that I cant like the midways games. Its fine to post here I didnt read it as it was to long I just skimmed it. Good luck with your project im a little busy with mine at present there is still alot of work to do now

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

@ressurectionx - you talk to much.

@BS, ya know we still love ya. :banghead:

@BK, I would demand nothing less of you than to be a cranky bastard lol

Sure I'm egocentric, and on top of that I was pretty drunk cause it was the end of my work week and there isn't much else to do on a Sunday morning if you're not a regular at the church.

This ain't a failure though. Just wanted to apologize for my behavior to BP, and now he knows. PM's ain't my style.

BP - I'll look into that VMM code at some point. I know right now there's nothing I could do about it, but maybe somebody else I do might want to tinker with it while I do what I'm doing. Even removing tons of redundant code doesn't improve performance, it will make the construction of a build much quicker. There are other people who are under the impression that it will improve performance as well, so we'll see what happens.

Later

That's cool BP. I believe you. I'm still going to work on it for a while just to have the build clean like I want it and to make faster builds.

I noticed when trying to get control working on games, that 1942 and Pyros both have a problem. They both use the 1st player controller to control movement and fire. But insert coin and 2nd player start works on the 2nd player controller.

I tested it on my other XBox in your latest public Arcades build and it has the same problem. Have you noticed this too?