CoinOPS

BritneysPAIRS

OK im about to release this at the moment its a private BETA this could change depending on things I will prob lock it to one Xbox for now. People that want the BETA this week please PM me I will review there history and see if they can have it. I would like it to go further but hey sometimes I cant help but take stuff personally its my human side...I dont like being kicked for some reason

If you have any skills you can add to this please feel free to offer your assistance, if you have the talent and want a clean uncluttered mame for sure id like to get help, my hand goes out to any dev I will for sure give you full credit although I dont even put my name on the product.

BETA Features

- 280 new games ( 5 or so duplicates removed)

- TMNT 1 and Simpsons moved to 2 player version so you can choose your character also changed to be standalone not clones

- 80 Keymap changes

- New Patch system the user wont see it but it will help in future

- New Classic Section

- XBMC / UX command line support

- Light gun patched

To be discussed Features for BETA Users

- Complete settings simplifacation and adding new settings like remove splash

- Allow Midway games to run even without sound

- Make new fast off on sections eg remove all bar classic top 100 with the push of a button to help remove clutter further for some

- Cabnet Mode difference and switch

- New Skin / GUI

Most features are easy to add and remove just discussion on wether its clutter or needed and the best way to put them into the GUI

- Any more ideas that go with a simple GUI thats pretty, so people can quickly find and play Galaga if thats what they want are welcome and may make it with my help or even patched in from someone else.

CoinOPS.jpg

Edited by GameCop

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please suggest any features..... most wont make it be prepared for that but if they will help the experience and add no clutter or the clutters worth it let me know. I also wish to know what settings people use.... eg VMM Folder locations Vector Settings as I want to just add a small setting section

Only settings I was thinking of leaving in was a few video settings and renaming it video settings. Does anyone use settings if so please let me know... now is the time they arnt cut in BETA but they are on the chopping board just due to massive amount of clutter that will actually break the EMU not make it better in most cases but maybe there are good reasons for VMM or sound on/off or something. State your case if you use them pretty please

most options i dont use apart from,turning vmm on for mortal kombat trilogy and disabling sound,and allowing screen rotation to 90 degrees,so that i can play vertical shooters at full screen,as in dodonpachi,battle garrega,esprade...........,

I need to kow a couple of things

1) can somegive me a site or pics of diff scalling filters and the changes like FBA ones I could add ones if applicable. Also a good way to auto them eg scal x2 on for pre 1980 games or something like that as I will look into this over time to make it look better on my HD TV

2) did HK release his source Im not sure if so where can I find it... no worries if not but I think he added this stuff.

Also another feature im thinking of adding is press X on selection menu to launch a random game but im not sure if it will confuse people maybe in menu when you press start random game...clutter or not?

PS if you give me names of MK games or ones you turn VMM on for ill make it so you dont have to turn it on :P as ill add them to VMM

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

hk$ never released his source bs.

the random game idea,mmmmm...... i dont know,as its probably not something i would use,but its a novel idea.

i couldnt find a site that shows the difference in the graphics filters bp.maybe someone out there knows.

heres the games that require vmm on

mortal kombat3

ultimate mortal kombat 3

primal rage (dont know if you want to include this one but it plays really well.)

so these 3 require vmm on and sound disabled.

threshold 4mb

commit size 1024kb

distribute 65535

also strikers 1945 2 and 3 play much smoother with sound disabled as well,but vmm must be switched off as both games will give a malloc failure error.

you can still play strikers 1945 2 with sound on but it can slow a little bit when it gets busy.

i dont know if you want to include strikers1945 3 or not but just thought id let you know.

is narc with sound disabled,included as well bp?

Edited by fumanchu

Please suggest any features..... most wont make it be prepared for that but if they will help the experience and add no clutter or the clutters worth it let me know. I also wish to know what settings people use.... eg VMM Folder locations Vector Settings as I want to just add a small setting section

Only settings I was thinking of leaving in was a few video settings and renaming it video settings. Does anyone use settings if so please let me know... now is the time they arnt cut in BETA but they are on the chopping board just due to massive amount of clutter that will actually break the EMU not make it better in most cases but maybe there are good reasons for VMM or sound on/off or something. State your case if you use them pretty please

the only settings i change on arcades is the flicker filter to 1 and i change the anisotropic to linear. all the other settings i leave as default. as far as new features would it be possible to play lightgun games with the on screen cursor that is controlled by the controller like the pc mame.

OK ill look into adding alot of VMM games that wont make the cut. The settings are as I thought only really VMM and video setttings used I will discuss weather to just make Settings now Video Settings and remove a couple of them and add VMM and maybe a few more.

I played with Lightgun support and im sorry it wont make the cut in the end due to all the issues it had with TVs

I know direction on Settings now only thing I have to do is to look into is there better looking flicker / filters for defaults but it might depend on your TV

Next question is there any switch you would like added in settings.... remove splash. Turn off after X mins with no use. Only have top 100 games stuff like that and also does anyone see a good use for X key or for left / right. I tried to get it to jump with Left / Right A B C D 1980 1981 1982 and it just doesnt feel right but the idea was good unforunatly it wont make it.

Edited by BritneysPAIRS