From Computer To Dreamcast To VMU!?!?

I have been looking for this FOREVER ive been looking ever since i got my Dreamcast and guess what? I still havent found it...What is this im so depserate for?

Something that i can burn to a CD (along with the 800+ VMU Files i have) and then load into my Dreamcast and somehow get the files onto my VMU!!!

I DO NOT have a coders cable and i DO NOT have a Nexus Card

IM REALLY DESPERATE FOR A WAY TO GET MY VMU FILES FROM MY COMPUTER TO MY VMUs!!!! ILL DO ALMOST ANYTHING!!!

Please please help me im sooo desperate (if you have 800+ VMU Minigames/animations you would be too :lol: )

i am seriously so desperate here hehei want to burn my saves to a disc...pop the disc in my DC, and transfer to my VMU hehe

i THINK i figured out a way...theres a CD with VMU animations/demos on it that I THINK go into your VMU and im gussing if i replace the VMU files already there with mine then it would work? i dunno im not sure i wanna know for sure because i only got 1 CD-R left hehe

There is no program that does *exactly* what you want but I do have a solution :(

http://nextgl.ngemu.com/vmu/VMITool.html download vmi tool

You must have both files for each save (the VMI and the VMS files)

VMItool will create an HTML file with links to all the corresponding saves. All you then need to do is burn all this onto a cd-r along with a web browser. this way you can "download" the saves onto your VMU while using the browser on your DC. You won't actually have to be online at all!

You can download the free webbrowser at http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/xdp/xdp.html

It sounds complicated but it is pretty straight forward, so give it a try.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...