I Heard...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could do with some more Dragon Quest. Sure it's a go kill foozle plot every time, but it's always so well executed.

Chrono Break got cancelled because there hadn't been enough interest in Cross. The team kept putting Break off and eventually it got swept under the rug. I do wish they'd at least tell us what the plot was going to be. It'd help out the Temporal Flux team out with their Break project.

As for FF12 and the Zodiac Spear, you can actually get it as a rare (super rare, really) drop from one of the monsters late in the game, enabling you to deck everyone out with it.

Four identical chests is nothing. Having a group of 12-16 identical chests that have the "booby-trapped" chest among them randomized every time is just wrong.

Reminds me of a D&D session. Good times there. I did like FF12 soley because of the world's lore. Ivalice is by far one of my favorite settings.

They were doing fine with Chrono series.

Chrono Trigger = Great

Chrono Cross = Great

Chrono Break = Canceled (Why?)

CC sucked bad, but did like some of the story. I also liked Kid. Would of been nice to CB though. There's also hope they'll remake CT on DS in 3D since 3, 4 and 5 are in 3D.

I could do with some more Dragon Quest. Sure it's a go kill foozle plot every time, but it's always so well executed.

[...]

As for FF12 and the Zodiac Spear, you can actually get it as a rare (super rare, really) drop from one of the monsters late in the game, enabling you to deck everyone out with it.

I do remember that with their SE's franchises, they are still seperate enities which is why some former Enix games are still good. I loved DQ8, and going to love the DQ9.

I also got all the phat lewt items in FF12 on my 2nd run through with the international edition. Pretty good shiet.

Yes I know. It's just that I've never been very fond of items labeled "super rare" and or "1% chance of getting" in JRPGs.

As for Ivalice, it's captivating in my opinion, if you can call it that.

Final Fantasy VII was great to people who had never played an RPG, it made people realize that RPGs were actually worth playing. But to RPG fans it was good but not the best. Final Fantasy VI was probably better in depth. Things I didn't like about VII was that you could make any character anything there was no class specs it depended too much on materia. The graphics of the chars was also bad. If Final Fantasy VIII would not have made the summons so terribly long and complicated it would have been my fovorite. I do not think VII should be remade, they should just get working on XIII.

Advent Children, Crisis Core, Before Crisis, the books (Case of Tifa/Denzel/barret's kid) and the OVA are all canon to FF7. Even Derge.