I Heard...

Yeah, there have been several hints and rumors relating to a supposed FFVII remake, but unless Square-Enix truly comes forwards and announces it, I'm not buying anything.

Yes, the PS3 tech demo of he FFVII opening was great.

Eh, I'm just fearing that the remake of FFVII will end up just like that god-forsaken "Revived Aeris" urban legend that still riles up the biggest fanboys and fangirls.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>>>It doesn't need a remake anyways, the game got a 10/10 and is one of the best games ever released for the Playstation.

Of course it got a 10/10. Every other RPG for the PS1 had sucked ass (Beyond the Beyond, for example).

*Spoilers*

It would have been one of the best if Cloud didn't turn into a complete wuss about 1/3 through the game and give Sephiroth the black materia simply because Hojo told him to (I know he was under mind control, but they completely failed to make that clear in the script).

And if you didn't have the game by 1 week after it's release, everyone at school was already talking about Aeris's death (I'm not going to debate the Aeris/Aerith naming sceme. It's easier to say Aeris) and you were subject to spoiler hell.

And everyone's emo as hell. What's up with that? It's true that Squall was 2x as emo as Cloud, but at least everyone else in 8 had a personality that wasn't rooted in misery and self-loathing.

And you CAN keep Aeris alive. With a GameShark.

*I think that'll do it for spoilers*

FF9 was a far superior game. It captured the feeling of the old school Final Fantasies and delivered a quest so massive that you felt like you had played a full RPG by the end of the first disc (a feat topped only by Xenogears, which felt like you had played a full RPG by the 1/4 mark of the first disc).

For that matter, 8 had better scenes. Anyone remember the perfect assassination plot? The Garden battle? The freaking monsters from the bloody moon?

FF7 is so beloved because it was most people's first RPG experience. It provided lush (for the time) environments, and interesting anime-ish characters at a time when anime's popularity was on the upswing.

>>>It doesn't need a remake anyways, the game got a 10/10 and is one of the best games ever released for the Playstation.

Of course it got a 10/10. Every other RPG for the PS1 had sucked ass (Beyond the Beyond, for example).

*Spoilers*

It would have been one of the best if Cloud didn't turn into a complete wuss about 1/3 through the game and give Sephiroth the black materia simply because Hojo told him to (I know he was under mind control, but they completely failed to make that clear in the script).

And if you didn't have the game by 1 week after it's release, everyone at school was already talking about Aeris's death (I'm not going to debate the Aeris/Aerith naming sceme. It's easier to say Aeris) and you were subject to spoiler hell.

And everyone's emo as hell. What's up with that? It's true that Squall was 2x as emo as Cloud, but at least everyone else in 8 had a personality that wasn't rooted in misery and self-loathing.

And you CAN keep Aeris alive. With a GameShark.

*I think that'll do it for spoilers*

FF9 was a far superior game. It captured the feeling of the old school Final Fantasies and delivered a quest so massive that you felt like you had played a full RPG by the end of the first disc (a feat topped only by Xenogears, which felt like you had played a full RPG by the 1/4 mark of the first disc).

For that matter, 8 had better scenes. Anyone remember the perfect assassination plot? The Garden battle? The freaking monsters from the bloody moon?

FF7 is so beloved because it was most people's first RPG experience. It provided lush (for the time) environments, and interesting anime-ish characters at a time when anime's popularity was on the upswing.

I can know see your reasoning.

I am actually playing FF7 for the second time in three years, it wasn't as fun as the first go around but it is easier this time. I've played FF8 and FF9, but I have not yet managed to get past disc one on either of the games.

I don't really enjoy the battle system of FF8, FF9 is fine, but I think I might have just got stuck somewhere in the game that made me just stop playing. I'm one of those individuals who refuse to read walkthroughs, because of this, I tend to get stuck in games, but I always feel that finding out on my own is better, and makes me wiser as a gamer.

I've beaten FFX, a very ravishing experience, definitely one of the best RPGs that I've played for the PS2. It also has one of the best Final Fantasy Soundtracks of all time I think.

I've played 7-10 all the way through, and then got all the secret crap, even maxed out my character's stats in some of them, and I can honestly say that they're all pretty much crap. A huge majority of the game content is difficult only in the aspect of level. Sometimes not even then. This is especially true of FF9, where the whole game can be played with your characters at level 1, and if you do decide that running from every battle isn't your cup of tea, they'll all be hitting the damage cap as easily as they breathe.

That's not even the worst part. The worst part is reaching the end of the game only to realize that you can't get some fancy weapon or spell because to get it requires some cockheaded scheme of running around the correct pixel in the middle of a desert seven times clockwise and three times counter or some bullshit that makes no sense that you would never do if there wasn't a guide telling you to. The best example of this is FFXII, where there are four chests that are completely identical to every other chest in the game, except for the fact that opening them screws you out of the most powerful weapon later.

I'd go on, but I've already done this a few times on this forum alone. I think I've said enough to make my point.

I've played 7-10 all the way through, and then got all the secret crap, even maxed out my character's stats in some of them, and I can honestly say that they're all pretty much crap. A huge majority of the game content is difficult only in the aspect of level. Sometimes not even then. This is especially true of FF9, where the whole game can be played with your characters at level 1, and if you do decide that running from every battle isn't your cup of tea, they'll all be hitting the damage cap as easily as they breathe.

That's not even the worst part. The worst part is reaching the end of the game only to realize that you can't get some fancy weapon or spell because to get it requires some cockheaded scheme of running around the correct pixel in the middle of a desert seven times clockwise and three times counter or some bullshit that makes no sense that you would never do if there wasn't a guide telling you to. The best example of this is FFXII, where there are four chests that are completely identical to every other chest in the game, except for the fact that opening them screws you out of the most powerful weapon later.

I'd go on, but I've already done this a few times on this forum alone. I think I've said enough to make my point.

Thats quite a statement, never heard anyone say that four different FF games are all crap at one time. I'm sure these people would like to disagree with you though. I don't really like 9 or 10 but I wouldn't call them crap. Those little schemes imo are kinda fun because if it was too easy to get a super powerful end-of-the-game weapon then it would be pointless. Plus, it reminds me of older games where if you do one thing wrong, you are screwed no matter what (like you can't beat the game) and no one even tells you :naughty:

Hmmm.

1 Saved Square

7 Saved Square

13 will save Square?

After all the retcons they did with 7, I hope they never, ever, remake it. Plain and simple.

7 remake will never come out unless they say so. That ending in CC? That bullshit is nothing. So until they say otherwise, 7 remake is tech demo only showing off decent graphics on a system that can do better.

Final Fantasy XIIi is still awesome as balls, but I have the same sentiments as Mondo; the requirements for having even a slightest chance in hell in getting the Zodiac Speak are downright sadistic.

The fact that you need a guide just to just to get a very well hidden powerful item in the game just baffles me. I mean, sure, it's powerful and all that, but at least they should give you in-game hints on how to obtain it.

Four identical chests is nothing. Having a group of 12-16 identical chests that have the "booby-trapped" chest among them randomized every time is just wrong.