Do You Ever Get Depressed?

Jitway

Only time I get depressed is when I sit and dwell on the mistakes I have made in regards to various things in life. I have a huge imagination and can easily avoid the thought of something by making up something interesting in my head and running with it for a while. Overall though, I am not the depressed type.

Very well said, this somewhat applies to me.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get sad often but not really depressed. Every time I open my notes I feel sad. However, when I was driving back to this crap town after spending time in Dallas I was feeling a sinking sorrow which could be described as depression.

I'm really to emotionally detached to get depressed. or overly happy for that matter. my emotions are always a pretty even content but not happy kind of feeling.

I usually get "depressed" after a big dose of being "high". My high is laughing, good times with good people, and dancing with my peers. Once that's over and I wake up the next day, I usually feel like absolute garbage.

I can't explain it, but my cure is simply orange juice. A small glass of good ol' O.J. (not Simpson) with extra Vitamin C and Calcium + Vitamin D brings me back to life.

Can you believe it?

I admit I get very depressed at times when I think about my war times or especially my deceased daughter or sister. I know most of you are young and probably don't get depressed or know what depression really is. But for those that do. How do you cope with it?

Me I get a 6 pack of beer and put it in my studio fridge as well as some shots of Tequila. Then I put on some Metal background tracks and play my heart out. I play and sing till my fingers just about bleed and my voice is gone.

Music is very therapeutic for me. Music is my passion and part of my soul. Just wish my daughter was still alive cause she was a hell of singer and loved to sing with me.

If not for music I would probably already committed suicide. No Joke!

Your stronger than you think. The very fact you still breath in and out restores my faith in human beings.

God bless you for been here.

And I am the same with music, I get down and pissed, slipknot all the way. And I scream like im from the dark ages.

Beer makes me worse next day. So I drink again. And again..

Getting better though. I now do 3 or 4 days before I am really tempted by drink. Im beating it slowly... I nearly went over the edge with booze.