Do You Ever Get Depressed?

Jitway

I admit I get very depressed at times when I think about my war times or especially my deceased daughter or sister. I know most of you are young and probably don't get depressed or know what depression really is. But for those that do. How do you cope with it?

Me I get a 6 pack of beer and put it in my studio fridge as well as some shots of Tequila. Then I put on some Metal background tracks and play my heart out. I play and sing till my fingers just about bleed and my voice is gone.

Music is very therapeutic for me. Music is my passion and part of my soul. Just wish my daughter was still alive cause she was a hell of singer and loved to sing with me.

If not for music I would probably already committed suicide. No Joke!

Edited by Jitway

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to sleep. Drinking and music make things worse. I get more and more emotional right upto the point where I pass out on alcohol and music, no matter the track, always manages to dredge up bad memories.

Sleep is the only escape and when you wake up you kindof boot up in your original startup mode- whatever was dragging you down is gone for at least the first few minutes of the next day. I don't have any real reason for being depressed right now, but I do feel like a storm is coming.

Me and my friend Jack Daniels share stories and roCk out with music as well.

Though the next day I feel horrible. Not cuz of the hangover (which is just an extreme form of cottonmouth for me) but because I drunk text people.

Hmmm, i play games to forget my depressions. If it is not working, i will go to sleep. If it is not working, I will drive around town no matter what the time is. If that is not working, I go get a massage/fun-time/whatever you may call it in your country.

Hehe Teck you remind me of me, I have holes in my walls from anger.

Now I listen to music and go out running, its awesome! I know my tracks by memory so I can enjoy the scenery alot, and here in miami the wheather is weird so it plays a lot with the lighting.

Right now however, I'm learning how to draw, and of course I write. That's for my normal depression though, which I've been able to control now without the "pills" almost every doctor around here wanted me to take. If something really hits me hard though, I shut out the feelings if I'm busy, and then when I'm done just scream my lungs out when I get home. Then go do the normal stuff lol.

I don't get depressed very often, and when I do it's for very short periods of time, usually lasting no more than a few hours. When I'm at school I just cope with it, but when I'm at home I'll browse the dumbest websites (sometimes looking online for solutions to my problems) to try to give my mind something else to think about.

Edited by Exp44

Only time I get depressed is when I sit and dwell on the mistakes I have made in regards to various things in life. I have a huge imagination and can easily avoid the thought of something by making up something interesting in my head and running with it for a while. Overall though, I am not the depressed type.