So Fast

Rag

Ummm. I dunno about all that cinder. I knew it was acting something crazy but I can even take a screen shot for you. I got my modem going upwards of 1200 kb/sec. It was through gamespot, they are always fast. But standard I get my modem up to is 500 kb/sec. You can't call me a lier if I got a pic to prove it. Ask and ye shall recieve.

Isnt 1,000 kb = to 1 megabyte?

1,000 MB = 1 GB

Because if you wanna look at math YOUR way and we put your "2mbps = 256kb/s" then we all have either 6.5 - 7 GB on our CD-R / RW's.

Now Im totally willing to listen to your explinations on why Im the only one who can download a 150 mb file in less then 5 min. My ISP is RCN. I doubt you've ever heard of them.

Edited by Gouken

Getting cable for the first time was amazing but now ntl cap at 1 Gb/day download. If you use it up 3 times in a month then you get kicked.

I downloaded 37 GB's of data last month, I also use NTL. I have not been kicked, and my download speed never seems any lower at any particular time or another. It is also worth noting that I have 3 other users on my network. I think the ntl gap theory is therefore nothing but myth.

Ummm. I dunno about all that cinder. I knew it was acting something crazy but I can even take a screen shot for you. I got my modem going upwards of 1200 kb/sec. It was through gamespot, they are always fast. But standard I get my modem up to is 500 kb/sec. You can't call me a lier if I got a pic to prove it. Ask and ye shall recieve.

Isnt 1,000 kb = to 1 megabyte?

1,000 MB = 1 GB

Because if you wanna look at math YOUR way and we put your "2mbps = 256kb/s" then we all have either 6.5 - 7 GB on our CD-R / RW's.

Now Im totally willing to listen to your explinations on why Im the only one who can download a 150 mb file in less then 5 min. My ISP is RCN. I doubt you've ever heard of them.

MY way? Thats how it is!

There are 8 bits to a byte.

And no, there is not 1000mb to a GB, there is 1024mb to a GB, 1024kb to a MB.

Fool.........do some reading, somewhere.

MY way? Thats how it is!

Alrighty, well lets not flame people now. :ph34r: All I have to say is, think before you ask. ;):lol:

MY way? Thats how it is!

Now I told you I was totally willing to listen, didnt I?

Meany!