Internet Company Suspends Website

Jitway

Internet company suspends politician's website over Qur'an film.

An American internet company has inactivated the website of a Dutch right-wing politician, who was planning to release a critical film about the Qur'an, the Islamic holy book, on the site.

Network Solutions announced late Saturday that it had suspended the site, www.fitnathemovie, as the company assesses whether it contravenes its "acceptable use policy."

Politician Geert Wilders says he's made a 15-minute film as a warning to the West about the teachings of the Qur'an.

Wilders is a well-known anti-Islamist who has called for a stop to immigration from Muslim countries and a halt to the building of new mosques in his country.

Wilders has said he's not against Muslims but against their faith. He has previously talked about the "tsunami of Islamization" in the Netherlands, which is home to about one million Muslims.

After being turned down by at least four broadcasters in the Netherlands, Wilders announced this week that he planned to release Fitna —the Koranic term for "strife" — on March 31 over the internet.

"If need be, I will personally distribute DVDs," Wilders told Dutch news agency ANP after hearing about the website's inactivation.

On Saturday, about 2,000 protesters gathered in downtown Amsterdam to demonstrate against Wilders and his film.

Calling their protest "Netherlands shows its colours," demonstrators say they were upset over what they saw as a right-wing witch hunt against Muslims.

Dutch officials fear the movie could spark violent protests in Muslim countries, and have emergency evacuation plans in place for their citizens in those countries.

Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende has said he rejects Wilders's views, but supports his freedom of speech.

Wilders's film has reignited the memory of the murder of filmmaker Theo van Gogh in 2004.

An Islamic militant killed van Gogh over his film Submission, written by former Dutch politician Ayaan Hirsi-Ali.

The film told the fictional story of a Muslim woman, trapped in a violent marriage, who is raped by a relative and then punished for adultery. Hirsi-Ali was forced into hiding.

Since when is does your isp decide what you can and cannot see. If you don't wanna see it don't look at it. Freedom of speech here is defiantly being violated. America is fast going down the tubes anymore. I have the right to say what I want when I want and if I wanna create a site about it I can.

Source HERE

That sucks, which company was it? Also it is the ocmpanies service.... even if you are paying for it.

It was not actually the ISP but the domain registry that banned it. Network Solution is the host.