Sonic Unleashed footage unleashed

Could it be? Has Sonic Team finally learned how to avoid issues with Cammy (old school term. When Sonic Team started having problems with the camera programming in Sonic Adventure, they nicknamed it Cammy)?

Knowing them, they'll likely use all the characters they can. I hope they all have a kickass quest.

If they were to give the game a Tomba-esque structure (as far as level sequencing is concerned), the could actually turn it into something of an rpg too

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be? Has Sonic Team finally learned how to avoid issues with Cammy (old school term. When Sonic Team started having problems with the camera programming in Sonic Adventure, they nicknamed it Cammy)?

Knowing them, they'll likely use all the characters they can. I hope they all have a kickass quest.

If they were to give the game a Tomba-esque structure (as far as level sequencing is concerned), the could actually turn it into something of an rpg too

No , no use of all characters, keep it Sonic (Maybe tails and knuckles) robotknick!!! Seriously the hole sonic team(in-game) is filled with rejects except Sonic himself.

No RPG either, Fail, keep it old skool!!

at 0:47, the camera help fade you into controlling 3rd person for a few secs or something? well anyway as much as I appreciate the old school sonic style, honestly I wanted a real sonic adventure game already. Sonic the Hedgehog has phailed written all over it. I'm really not giving up on this, they really should come up with a new Sonic Adventure that at least near as good as Sonic Adventure 2 let alone the first Sonic Adventure which my favorite sonic game of all time.

Uhhuh.

Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are win. The rest of those flunkies are all losers. I can't stand any of them. And please for the love of all that's holy can we have Robotnik back? How can you call him that for 10 years and then retcon his ass to being Eggman?

Umm, it still looks like just another Sonic race-type game. I miss the old-school Sonic the Hedgehog 3 games. That's what I really liked.

It will not be a racing game. And it looks a lot better in gameplay than the previous Sonic The Hedgehog titles.

Not including the first three.

Uhhuh.

Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are win. The rest of those flunkies are all losers. I can't stand any of them. And please for the love of all that's holy can we have Robotnik back? How can you call him that for 10 years and then retcon his ass to being Eggman?

Robotnik was the result of americanization. They switched him back to being Eggman because SA1 included the japanese dialogue and someone would have figured it out anyways. At first, though, they treated it as though Eggman was a nickname that Sonic had given him. I wish they had kept it that way (would have been funny to have a little pet insult for the guy).

They should at least keep in Amy Rose. She counts as an old school character thanks to Sonic CD, and her getting captured is always a good reason for Sonic to kick some metallic ass.

Cream and Big can take a walk out the nearest airlock, Shadow's good as far an antihero is concerned. Rouge I can live without, The Chaotix can die (except for Espio), and there NEEDS to be an E-100 series robot (admit it, you like the gunplay).

Also, they could reintroduce Ray the Flying Squirrel (from SegaSonic Arcade which you've never played. He and Mighty the Armadillo first appeared there (see, Mighty wasn't just a ripoff Sonic sprite).

In any case, my comment before reflected that Sega will likely use all of the characters regardless of how much we hate them, so I'm hoping they at least get kick ass levels.

Uhhuh.

The other characters can be good, because they have unique abilities. Just see Sonic Adventure with E-102, Big the Cat and Amy.