Three U.S. Soldiers Die in Iraq

Jitway

A roadside bomb killed three U.S. soldiers in Iraq on Saturday, pushing the U.S. death toll closer to the 4,000 mark at the start of the sixth year of the war for U.S. troops.

The deaths, which brought the number of U.S. soldiers killed since the U.S.-led invasion in 2003 to 3,996, came three days after President George W. Bush said the United States was on track to victory in Iraq.

Being a Marine and having fought in war this really is beginning to flocking piss me off. Victory my ass. Also having lost a child and sister I know what it like to lose loved ones. So remember all those dying over there for so called Freedom is the child, sibling, spouse, grandfather/mother of someone. This is now the 6th year and we original went to get Osama and failed. We should have never invaded Iraq period....just my 2 cents and rant and rave.

Read the full story HERE

Edited by Jitway

I could bring up good points to support the war (and no I'm not a Bush hater, but I'm not a Bush lover either) but I really don't want to start a flame war so I think I'll keep my comments to myself.

You sign up to the army and you're basically getting paid money against a small chance of you getting killed. It's like gambling. If it was poker, I guess the pot would be laying you pretty good odds. But gambling with your life is stupid... I wouldn't lay my car keys on the table, let alone my life. But I digress.

No offence, But whats the death toll of iraqis? 50,000? 100,000? 250,000? More? Is it even correctly documented anywhere? Probably not. The death toll of innocent civilians alone is reaching 90,000 though. I really want to say this makes me not care at all about the near 4,000 americans, But I'm not a heartless bastard, and I feel pain for ALL wrongful deaths. ANY death caused by this war is indeed a wrongful death, I consider pretty much any death that wasn't from natural causes a wrongful death however because I find killing for any purpose wrong.

I'm not saying I don't feel sorry for you, or that what has happened to you and your loved ones doesn't matter, I'm saying this needs to be put more into perspective, people over there are just as human as we are and have feelings just like we do. Its a flocking SLAUGHTER over there. I'm not blaming you either. The media/government/etc. chooses to portray it this way. I'm tired of people in the US acting like they are mindless stupid killing machines.

Everything about this "war" is completely full of crap. I recently got a letter in the mail asking me to register for the draft if its re-instated (crap! they finally found me!) am I going to do it? No, Because I'd rather be in jail than fight for this piss poor excuse for a country. Thats if I'm still here long enough for them to do anything about it. flocking embarrassing living in the US. It's become exactly what it was created to stand against.

• 2 months later...

went to Iraq to get osama?

when Osama was in Afghanistan and/or pakistan?

explain to me how the invasion of a country that was led by an enemy of beladin (saddam and osama hated one another) would lead to the capture of osama.

explain to me how the invasion of a country that was led by an enemy of beladin (saddam and osama hated one another) would lead to the capture of osama.

You know that is a terribly uninformed statement, and the actual reasons behind things. Why argue the point?

Okay here's how this works. You're playing golf, and there's this duck, right? So you're aiming for the green but instead it hits this duck and it gets all pissed off and starts killing civilians. So then you're trying to throw your clubs at the duck, but they keep missing and you end up hitting more civilians. Then the duck gets more angry because you're killing civilians and calls in its flock to take a big dump on your golf kart.

Then there's sort of this grayish area.

And that's why Osama was in Iraq.