How can I remove Backdoor.SubSeven?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm gathering from this is that the trojan Backdoor.Subseven is slowing down your computer. This doesn't mean you have to reinstall your whole os, don't know where that came from. Try AVG Antivirus Free Edition (which has already been suggested). It's free, does NOT require registration, and you can have it up and scanning in minutes. It will find the virus, and provide options for dealing with it. You can get rid of it that way, and you don't even have to mess with your OS.

I have a problem with installation. I keep getting an error and the details are Local machine: prepared for the installation

Actions plan:

Error: Evaluating of the short file name failed for "C:\Users\Oskar\Desktop\AVG\bootup.exe".

Access is denied. (5)

Do you know what to do?

What I'm gathering from this is that the trojan Backdoor.Subseven is slowing down your computer. This doesn't mean you have to reinstall your whole os, don't know where that came from.

Came from me. If he isn't able to scan and post a simple log (Hijackthis) in this thread, you defo gonna spend a lot of time for explanations, bro. A lot :D

Edited by Wishdokta

Lol Wishdokta (yes I knew it came from you, but didn't want to directly offend you :D)

InfinityDC if you're running Vista try running the AVG instalation file with Admin privileges (right click on the installation file and click Run with Admin Priveleges - I think that's it) - sounds to me like Vista isn't letting the installation run certain files because of restricted priveleges, running the installation file with them should fix the problem.

Lol Wishdokta (yes I knew it came from you, but didn't want to directly offend you :D)

InfinityDC if you're running Vista try running the AVG instalation file with Admin privileges (right click on the installation file and click Run with Admin Priveleges - I think that's it) - sounds to me like Vista isn't letting the installation run certain files because of restricted priveleges, running the installation file with them should fix the problem.

Well, it did get to the installing, but at the half, I got a new error "Action failed for registry value HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run:AVG7_CC: creating registry value....". Now what do I have to do?

Edited by InfinityDC