How can I remove Backdoor.SubSeven?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have a problem. I type "start regedit.com" and nothing happens I just get a window asking to continue or not and I click on continue and nothing happens.

Honestly I'd go for "Hijackthis" and scan the PC properly. It takes few seconds. Have a google.

For "start regedit.com", if you'r talking about the CMD console, I don't seem to understand what you'r trying to do.

Go for the problem-exe and kill it.

I still have a problem. I type "start regedit.com" and nothing happens I just get a window asking to continue or not and I click on continue and nothing happens.

Honestly I'd go for "Hijackthis" and scan the PC properly. It takes few seconds. Have a google.

For "start regedit.com", if you'r talking about the CMD console, I don't seem to understand what you'r trying to do.

I'm trying to remove Backdoor.SubSeven, that's what I am trying to do.

http://www.spywaredb.com/remove-backdoor-subseven/

try the manual instructions there.

if all else fails backup, format, reinstall always works.

But, I said to give me a program where you don't have to register to remove Trojan and repair the problems. And you have to register that program to repair the problems and remove Trojan.

and I said use the manual removal instructions. my advise is to format and reisntall windows.

what you have is a virus, not spyware, have you tryed avg antivirus? its free. there are a few other antivirus programs that are free. google it. everythign I have posted came from a simple google search.

How I remove Malware or let's say a service that messes around in my system:

> Go for the according services, likely called as "service" or "exe"

Either you can recognize simply in your Task Manager (ctrl + shift + esc). If you are aware of the services there and see a service that doesn't belong there, the case is simple.

If not, let us have the services that are running on your system. That can be done quite simple with help of "Hijackthis". It logs your PC services and you can copy-paste the log list in this topic.

> Next step, try to isolate or kill the exe

In CMD console, there are several things to try. Like someone posted before, it sometimes helps to look for it on a symantec definition (website). If that doesn't help (doesn't look that helpful what I found) - so try manually to allocate the registration of the software/service on your machine. Doing this by using > "open cmd console" > "typing 'regedit' " > "click through the specific location".

Or - "open cmd console" > "typing 'msconfig' " . This starts a small manager for the services starting as soon your operating system booted. Maybe there you can simply disable the service that's responsible for the backdoor props.

If you aren't that aware how to handle the things mentioned above, have a think about if it wouldn't be better you reinstall your windows software. Of course, after backuping all emails, data, etc. you need. Just keep that in mind, reinstalling costs a couple hours until you got the software back running like you'r used to. But you can spend days searching to destroy your backdoor problem.

Edited by Wishdokta

I have a problem with Hijack This. I open it and it keeps saying "Hijack This is already running", but I don't see it running.

I fixed everything with Hijack This, but my Sonic Adventure 2 ISO is still slow.

No mate. It doesn't fix anything.

.. let us have the services that are running on your system. That can be done quite simple with help of "Hijackthis". It logs your PC services and you can copy-paste the log list in this topic.
Edited by Wishdokta