Help With JoyToKey

GuelphY

I know this is a Mugen forum and not a JoyToKey forum, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

I tried using JoyToKey to configure a gamepad for Mugen, and it worked fine. I tested the gamepad in Notepad and it all worked, attack buttons and arrow buttons. However, when I ran Mugen, the attack buttons worked but the arrow buttons didn't. I tried a few things to try and fix it. I assigned the movement controls for player 1 to different buttons and then assigned those buttons through JoyToKey, but they still wouldn't work. I tried assigning the movement buttons to other buttons on the gamepad, and even assigned some attack buttons to the direction pad to see what would happen. Any button I assigned movement to wouldn't work, and when I assigned attack buttons to the D-pad they worked. I can't figure out why it works fine except when I run Mugen. If anyone else has encountered this problem and can offer any advice, I'd really appreciate it.

I'm currently running Windows XP Home, and I'm using a Logitech WingMan Rumblepad (USB). I tried using two other gamepads (Sidewinder Freestyle Pro and InterAct GoPad, both with USB) and they all had the same problem.

Thanks for your help. I just now figured out what my problem was, and it seems that it was in part my own stupidity. I figured out that as long as the directional assignments aren't on the arrow keys, Mugen will recognize them just fine. Sorry to waste your time, but thank you!