Let's Get Personal

Jitway

Anyone who refuses to reveal their first name is a bastard, note how many people on earth have the same first name as you do.

A first name on its own means nothing, but combined with, say, your user name, an email address or whatever other information can be gleaned from what you've posted here... that first name can become a somewhat better identifier than you might think. Saying what you said is a bit shortsighted.

...but what the hell. My name is James.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who refuses to reveal their first name is a bastard, note how many people on earth have the same first name as you do.

A first name on its own means nothing, but combined with, say, your user name, an email address or whatever other information can be gleaned from what you've posted here... that first name can become a somewhat better identifier than you might think. Saying what you said is a bit shortsighted.

...but what the hell. My name is James.

Liar...

Meh, if people want my personal info, they can have it. I don't own crap, and I have almost no credit at this point. I figure as long as I don't put my social security number /phone number out there, I'm good.

BK, you shouldn't lie. Apollo Justice will get ya.

Shaymus's here. Or you can call Shay. Out of so many first names known here, I can only remember Ryan's, BK's and Robert's :wub: Sorry, guys

Twiggy, BM or Wiz. Everyone calls me one of these 3. No one calls me by my real name, unless they want my full attention. Even though they've known me for years (most of them since primary school). Like how we call a friend of mine "Sage." Even though I've known him for 4 years and know his real name, I (and everyone else around him that isn't his family) still call him Sage. Although recently, I've been called Nana or Nanaya, because I stay in MBAC all day. About 4 of my friends actually know what it means and when they call that out, it gets a few looks in public that I have that nickname.

Then theres someone who I occsasionally call Kiki. Another whom I call Kojiro (whose real name is someone in this thread, since I know about 12 people named it). I call someone by their last name, it's pretty funny, his last name is Watt. So we just say that instead of his real name (4 people have the same name in my D&D group makes me call nearly all of them by their last names).

My name is Aarni. Not a common Finnish name. Spelled more or less the same as Arnie, but with a longer A.

Etymology is based on the Finnish equivalent of the word Griffon.

Idan.

My name is Aarni. Not a common Finnish name. Spelled more or less the same as Arnie, but with a longer A.

Etymology is based on the Finnish equivalent of the word Griffon.

I'm sure I would butcher both names in real life.