Street Fighter 2 HD Remix

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the effort they're putting into this and I think it will appeal to a lot of people wanting good ol SF2 in a newer package but it's not something I would really play for any extended period of time.

Is it just me, or is the gameplay not-so-fluid in certain areas? Like when he's crouch-punching and everything. And what the hell is with the horrible squeaky

remix of Ryu's theme?! I hope that's not a hint as to the direction the game's soundtrack is gonna take O_O...+

edit: apparently they're just taking remixes from OCRemix...

they did not add any frames of animation. just new sprites so any gameplay jumpyness is the original frame count. just more noticeable in HD. adding frames would have changed the gameplay and timing and they didn't want to do that.

they did not add any frames of animation. just new sprites so any gameplay jumpyness is the original frame count. just more noticeable in HD. adding frames would have changed the gameplay and timing and they didn't want to do that.

Bingo. All their doing other then rebalancing and changing music is removing all the old art assets and replacing them with new ones. inksauce is right, adding frames changes gameplay and timing. Since the remix portion of the game and some possible new moves (such as the faux hado) already use existing animations in game and no extra frame adding or subtracting required.

• 2 weeks later...