R4 questions

Stryker412

Put it this way- the M3DS Real has EVERYTHING the R4DS has, plus;

-SDHC support

-Inbuilt emulators

-Cheats

-Realtime saving

..and comes with its own GBA / Memory Slot-2 solution.

Those inbuilt emulators you mentioned are just homebrew emulators (such as PocketNES) that are used as wrappers to run ROMs, so I wouldn't really consider them a "feature" of the card itself (If you used PocketNES/nesDS instead of the inbuilt emu, you could put many NES ROMs into one GBA/NDS file with a neat menu, whereas the M3 makes you put each ROM on separately).

But still, the M3DS Real does look very nice. I wouldn't mind having one if I could find a place to sell my R4. :(

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole SDHC thing is totally stupid anyway. An 8GB card will set you back far more than 4x2GB cards will.

Don't gimme the whole physical space issue or the need to carry around 3-4 cards, they're tiny! Put em in your pocket/backpack whatever. I have yet to see one come without one of those little plastic cases.

First site I picked up (For point of reference only) an 8GB MicroSDHC with a USB reader = £29.99 or 4GB with same reader for £12.99. The gap is much larger in retail, and slightly larger for Ebay.

Non HC cards can be had for almost nothing now, under $10 for a 2GB card. I paid like $17.99 for 2x2GB.

The whole SDHC thing is totally stupid anyway. An 8GB card will set you back far more than 4x2GB cards will.

Don't gimme the whole physical space issue or the need to carry around 3-4 cards, they're tiny! Put em in your pocket/backpack whatever. I have yet to see one come without one of those little plastic cases.

First site I picked up (For point of reference only) an 8GB MicroSDHC with a USB reader = £29.99 or 4GB with same reader for £12.99. The gap is much larger in retail, and slightly larger for Ebay.

Non HC cards can be had for almost nothing now, under $10 for a 2GB card. I paid like $17.99 for 2x2GB.

It's a future-proofing feature, I think. There is no way I would buy an 8gb card today, but somewhere down the line, when they drop to $20 or so card, I'd like to be able to buy one without having to buy a new flashcard too. So yeh, R4 not supporting it is something I think will bite people in the ass at some point. Especially since other similarly priced flashcards support it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it turns out the order I thought I canceled with Gameyeeeah wasn't so I'll be getting the R4 sometime late next week.

Finally got the R4 today. What are the best emulators for SNES, NES, Genesis, etc that work well on the R4?

SNES: SNEmulDS

NES: nesDS

Genesis: jEnesisDS

etc: DSMasterPlus (SMS/GG), LameBoy (GBC), MarcaDS (MAME)

I didn't know there were R4 dealers in the US, had I known that I wouldn't have bought from DX in Hong Kong... oh well. As for SNES emulators, you might want to try SNESDS as well.

I didn't know there were R4 dealers in the US, had I known that I wouldn't have bought from DX in Hong Kong... oh well. As for SNES emulators, you might want to try SNESDS as well.

I noticed something odd when using my DS. The health warning screen instead of the normal tone, now has a higher pitched one. I don't when or how that changed.

• 5 months later...

I noticed something odd when using my DS. The health warning screen instead of the normal tone, now has a higher pitched one. I don't when or how that changed.

R4 Have stop update the Kernel , So R4 III, M3 DS Real much value than R4.

• 1 month later...