R4 questions

Stryker412

SCAM. Theres no need to use FAT32 unless you are indeed using an SDHC card larger than 4GB (Infact it's slower than FAT). Not to mention "Encrypted" Firmware you MUST install from the CD?

The firmware is nothing more than a zip/rar you unpack onto the microsd card, and you shouldn't bother using the firmware on the CD it's outdated.

Sounds like a clone to me.

R4DSL.net - http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=r4dsl&tld=net

R4DS.com - http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=r4ds&tld=com

Those don't match, and R4DSL domain was only created @ 2008-02-28 02:50:48

SCAM SCAM SCAM

So is the scam that it's a v3 or you think the card itself will be a clone?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd put my money on it being a clone, as for supporting SDHC cards....no idea.

Theres been zero announcements from the R4 team regarding any new version or SDHC support, and from other reports the R4 manufacturing plant has been shut down (However restarted elsewhere).

That site you linked to is obviously bogus, and is an identical clone of the real R4 site save for the fact it uses ASP where the real site, does not.

I'd bet on that obvious clone, not supporting SDHC. But it could. You're still getting an inferior clone that will probably have issues. Then again, you may not. Just cause it's a clone, doesn't mean it WILL suck.

I can't say here.......you could wind up worse or better off.

Theres been zero announcements from the R4 team regarding any new version or SDHC support, and from other reports the R4 manufacturing plant has been shut down (However restarted elsewhere).

That site you linked to is obviously bogus, and is an identical clone of the real R4 site save for the fact it uses ASP where the real site, does not.

I'd bet on that obvious clone, not supporting SDHC. But it could. You're still getting an inferior clone that will probably have issues. Then again, you may not. Just cause it's a clone, doesn't mean it WILL suck.

Ok well I have decided to refuse shipment when it comes in, and will return it. I don't want a knock off. How about just ditching the R4 and going with a CycloDS from divineo?

Ok well I have decided to refuse shipment when it comes in, and will return it. I don't want a knock off. How about just ditching the R4 and going with a CycloDS from divineo?

That's probably a good idea. I've heard the CycloDS is better than the R4, anyway.

That's probably a good idea. I've heard the CycloDS is better than the R4, anyway.

How is divineo for ordering?

Would anyone recommend ordering from gameyeeeah ?

I got my R4 through them. Probably one of the cheapest places too. Shipping was a tad slow, but apparantly at the time they had some site issues and a database crash. I still got my stuff, and it didn't take TOO long.

Use the code GBATEMP too when you order, for a discount. They appear to be out of stock right now though. Notice the "Pre-order", as is Divineo.

Put it this way- the M3DS Real has EVERYTHING the R4DS has, plus;

-SDHC support

-Inbuilt emulators

-Cheats

-Realtime saving

..and comes with its own GBA / Memory Slot-2 solution.

According to GBAtemp, the CycloDS is rated better than the M3DS.