Watching HD movies on X360....how?

L.S.D

Hi guys.

I downloaded a few HD movies (*.mkv) that is supposed compatible with X360. The problem is how do I put these files into the X360 HDD? I tried connecting an external HDD at the USB port but it won't detect. Do i really need to download it from LIVE or playing it from the external HD-DVD player only? I need to know how to get these files that I have into the HDD. Thanks!

You can't put your own content on the HDD. You can't use an external HDD for storage either.

You need to either network the 360 and a PC with Windows Media Player, or just burn the files onto a CD, or use USB drive. It should be able to play video media that way pretty easily.

One thing though; as far as I know, the 360 cannot playback anything in the MKV container. Get the video streams out of there if you plan on playing them through the Xbox.

Have tried burning the movies to CD and try to read it but not working.

I guess we need a HD-DVD drive for that. MKV file suppose to work since that is the HD-DVD format.

nope they gotta be avi mpg or wmv. as far as I know that is all that work. you can throw em on a usb thumb drive. burn em to disc or stream em from wmp11

I have a 360gb exteranl Usb hard drive I filled with avi movies and shows and it plays on the 360. But they could be divx or xvid too

Sorry I meant for 360 content like demos and stuff.

Ah, Ya....Can't have any of the 360 demos on it