arcades2.0/xbmc pimpedHD!

fumanchu

the sourcecode for mamedox1.1. was released,a few years ago.

brineyspairs and ebsay were the people behind mamedox.

i cant speak for bs but it seems that mamedox arcades is an ongoing project thats getting updated all the time,so i can understand why he wouldnt want to release the sourcecode.

It's still appropriate to release the code once-in-a-while. :naughty:

some emu authors dont even release their sourcode. ;)

BTW, I noticed fumanchu that you call BritneyPAIRS as BS, whereas everyone else calls him BP. Please use BP for continuity, otherwise I think you may confuse people. :D

oooppppssslol!!!!!!!

i just took the first and last letters oh his name,never thought about thatlol. :)

Edited by fumanchu

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sourcecode for mamedox1.1. was released,a few years ago.

brineyspairs and ebsay were the people behind mamedox.

i cant speak for bs but it seems that mamedox arcades is an ongoing project thats getting updated all the time,so i can understand why he wouldnt want to release the sourcecode.

It's still appropriate to release the code once-in-a-while. :naughty:

some emu authors dont even release their sourcode. :D

If those authors are using no-one else's code (or have permission from the original author(s), that's certainly their right. If they're blatantly taking someone else's work and and not contributing back, that makes that person a leech; purely and simply.

Btw, there are very few examples of closed-source emulators that are better than their open-source alternatives.

thing is bp has contributed to the scene,and im not here defending him,its just the truth of the matter.the guy rx got the sourcecode after all from him,it was made available for people to download at the time.

Source was supplied but sadly all things come to an end . I thought I had run far enough from this behavour and was safe here, it was to good to be true I guess and I wish to train for my mountain biking race now. So its time to just do stuff for myself and help friends along the way, and to leave the pubic debate with you guys. Best of luck I have listened to all of this stuff, it all points to where I must direct my future.

Take care BS or BP

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

Source was supplied but sadly all things come to an end . I thought I had run far enough from this behavour and was safe here, it was to good to be true I guess

What behavior? Making the assumption you'd respect the MAME team's license?

http://mamedev.org/license.html

I'm sorry if you feel slighted, but I'm a very adamant supporter of open-source and respecting the work of others. While I do respect that you have released your source in the past, I am of the opinion that continued source releases are required.

Please think of it this way: What if the MAME team didn't release their source? What would you think?

and I wish to train for my mountain biking race now.

Avid mountain biker eh? Downhill, cross country, etc?

So its time to just do stuff for myself and help friends along the way, and to leave the pubic debate with you guys. Best of luck I have listened to all of this stuff, it all points to where I must direct my future.

Take care BS or BP

I'm having a hard time not leaving a sarcastic comment about this...

That's truly unfortunate BP.

I was just discussing this with my brother today after seeing how things went down in this forum. (I room with him, so we both kind of take turns half-heartedly paying attention to each other's rambling and bitching about what happens in the forums we're involved in from time to time). I told him that I hoped that you wouldn't stop providing for the scene after all that went down, but I had my doubts that you would even post again when I woke up and read all that had happened today before I went to work. Not only was it decided that my actions were not banworthy after you assured me that I would be banned, but other developers came out (some posts pretty harsh towards you) and said that your degrading behavior towards another person who is enthusiastically trying to join the scene was out of line that you should release your source on a regular basis when your project is based on an open source MAME in the first place.

Though I did appreciate support from some of the bigger players earlier today, it was not my wish or intention that you abandon the scene or that you take a beating in there today like I always take from your supporters when I'm there.

I feel this is a very hollow victory for me and that I have lost far more than I could have gained. I'm sure that I've now made quite a few enemies in your supporters as well today too. It's a shame if you really do leave the scene, and a lot of people will be very disappointed if you aren't a part of it anymore.

I wish we could have worked together. And I'm truly sorry for how things have turned out.

Take care of yourself,

~Rx

well guys being the man i am i will tell you that i'm the one that went to the admin on this site in the hope that he would come in here and put a stop to the bashing going on and cool things down but all it really did was being others in here and has seemed to make stuff worse and for that i am sorry

on the other hand from the start i felt like BP has just been holding this release over are heads and blaming it all on RX kinda like look at what i have you can't have it.. its a shame BP likes all the drama better then releasing the goods to make someones day a brighter one :o

R.I.P arcades2.0/xbmc pimpedHD!

Edited by hellsfury

BP is taking his ball and going home, I never saw that coming /sarcasm.

I wonder how many times that has happened in the xbox and mame communities.....