arcades2.0/xbmc pimpedHD!

fumanchu

i allready know why you have this issue.... just go back to full arcades and remove the debug stuff. I would say I wouldnt get you to help e with the source as you are far off working that out i would say

also MSN is the best way to do this

and I need to know if you are going to reupload this. As arcades plus could be released really soon (will need a full disc again as so many changes its impossible to patch really). A patch can follow in a week or 2 for extra games... I have locked down arcades roms for me so the patches will be small and GUI stuff only.

Hello BP,

So you're saying that when I do further work on this, I should not bother with the debugging part of it and focus only on tasks outside of the source?

If that's the case, I will just put the last public build of Arcades on my XBox after removing everything first.

Yes, I can upload this on several sites when it is all complete and seed it at least until we get a few seeders. I don't have access to a server or anything, so that is the only way I could host something so large when it is complete. (My apologies to the mods ahead of time if even mentioning this is against the rules. I figure if I'm not naming sites than I'm not breaking rules. Would love to know if I'm wrong though)

I won't ask you about what you want me to do to help on here then because I need more information about what I would need to do to make a patch from you and you would rather do that on MSN. I don't have access to MSN while I'm at work, so this is my only option at the moment. I will be online at home on Sunday night sometime Central Standard Time so we can speak on MSN then. There is a small possiblilty that I won't be working overtime tomorrow night so I may even be on sometime Saturday night as well if you're on.

Looking forward to working with you,

~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent worked on it for weeks.. new PC and all but really because it was done ages ago really. I removed lightgun full support as it suxed also the midway games I hated playing with no sound so im not to sure if its a good idea to alow them to play but disable the sound. I guess I could release it now.

Who out there wants to release a build.....

and I guess any good ideas for features?

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

I could release a build BP. You'd just have to tell me how you want it packaged and someone would have to let me know the best way to get the information out there for those who want it. I don't have a super fast connection (about 25k upload max), but with torrentzipping, people who have Arcades already won't have to download stuff they've already acquired. They would just have to run the torrentzipped datfile of the build (Which I would supply as an separate and easily downloadable file within the torrent) on their roms in romcenter before joining the torrent. It's easy stuff and if they take the time to do that one step it could save them a week of downloading, and it will make other seeders pretty quick.

Let me know,

~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx

if i remember didnt lordpro release the last biuld on megaupload,i dont use torrents myself,so im hoping this gets relesed on an upload site

I know the patch was put on megaupload. If the original was too, I'm not aware of it. The problem is that with an upload site, you'll have to download the whole thing over again, however many gigs. If you use the datfile for the new release in Romcenter and then drag and drop a file called torrentzip over your roms folder, it will match every good part you have to the torrent and you'll probably have 80 percent of the torrent complete from the start. Then you can move the non-matching parts to another folder to separate them. It's the best way in terms of bandwith and speed to get everyone in sync with the new build.

Plus a file that big in Megaupload would be about 50 or so links I would think. If somebody else would like to release it there, that's cool, but that would be a ton more work for me and everyone would have to grab the entire thing from scratch.

I could release a build BP. You'd just have to tell me how you want it packaged and someone would have to let me know the best way to get the information out there for those who want it. I don't have a super fast connection (about 25k upload max), but with torrentzipping, people who have Arcades already won't have to download stuff they've already acquired. They would just have to run the torrentzipped datfile of the build (Which I would supply as an separate and easily downloadable file within the torrent) on their roms in romcenter before joining the torrent. It's easy stuff and if they take the time to do that one step it could save them a week of downloading, and it will make other seeders pretty quick.

Let me know,

~Rx

tell me if i'm mistaken but i thought this was a new build and because of it's size we were going to just delete the old one and install this one then BP would do patches for this one.

BP, i sent you a pm on the matter of releasing this any way you want it done, if i can be of any help just hit me up. i have a 100mbit server so speed is of no concern plus i could give you ftp access to get it to me.

so how big is this new patch bs?

thougt it was 230 or so new roms and the updated arcades files.

is this gonna be nearly a whole dvd disc?

Edited by fumanchu

tell me if i'm mistaken but i thought this was a new build and because of it's size we were going to just delete the old one and install this one then BP would do patches for this one.

BP, i sent you a pm on the matter of releasing this any way you want it done, if i can be of any help just hit me up. i have a 100mbit server so speed is of no concern plus i could give you ftp access to get it to me.

You're half right.

Yes, It would be a whole new download.

No, your old version of Arcades is not useless to you when the new build comes out. It's true that you could throw out all the roms and start from scratch. But you could also use torrentzip on your existing romset folder (most of the roms will still be the same, but even ones which may be slightly different will likely still have useable parts to them) and then put them in the folder you use the bittorrent client to download to. You will then be able to start the torrent with I would guess between 80 & 90 percent of the torrent already downloaded.

If you purge the stuff that romcenter says isn't the same before downloading, you will have the complete set much earlier this way with no garbage in it much quicker than starting from scratch.

Of course, if you didn't want to go through all of that work, you always have the option of taking the long way to grab the whole torrent from scratch too.

Edited by ressurectionx