arcades2.0/xbmc pimpedHD!

fumanchu

Yeah... I was just using "Gun Games" for an example of a category. I didn't think you were going to support it from our previous conversations.

I hate to make it lead to a question already, but what do you mean by "ill add the fixes but no way im adding a section"?

Did you already make some fixes to it which you'll keep in, and you mean that you're not wasting one of your categories on "Gun Games" when they're so buggy?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes I allready added bendermikes fixes...but after testing it dont work on modern TVs so I dont want to add the Folder for Lightguns and color them green as I did add. Alot of features I add like "BLUE" while it is being held displayed showed details of the rom, are removed later due to it only really cluttering. Another on is press left it jumped C B A Z or press right it jumped A B C D or 1989 1990 etc depending on sort mode as it just got confusing. Alot of good ideas ive had I added to later kill as they make it more cluttered for the little they add.

Nice... that's cool to know. My brother has the gun and an oldschool TV at my mom's house so maybe I can get some of them working for him on there since you're planning on leaving the fixes in.

There's probably better uses for the <statusnumber> tags than Gun Games since they don't work on newer TVs anyways. Nice to have a few open <statusnumber> tags in case you come up with something else cool to use them on. Any ideas you're throwing around at this point for how you might use some of them like you did for Favorites?

Well... I still can't figure out why I can't sort by genre, but I haven't really looked deep into it yet since yesterday. I won't have time until Sunday. I have a few ideas why though....

I forgot about the TDATA and UDATA folders and how they are necessary to add for Arcades to work right. I also wasn't thinking when I was messing around with your last public build of Arcades and also MAMEox 1.1 from XBMC and how that would effect the TDATA and UDATA folders. So part of my problem now, I'm sure, is that I've really garbled those folders up with 3 different versions of arcades/mameox running. In fact, when I load up the debug version of arcades at this moment, it has the MAMEox 1.1 GUI lol...... I really messed that up. At least I know why it's messed up now though. If I'm going to compare old builds in the future to the debug, I will have to do it on my other XBox (unless you know of a work around for this).

When I have time on Sunday, I'm going to remove everything for Arcades from my XBox and then resend the build to the XBox and add all of the files from your latest build of Arcades. It won't have any of the new fixes you've done in the last month or two, but maybe I can at least use all of that to figure out why I'm having the problems that I'm having.

i allready know why you have this issue.... just go back to full arcades and remove the debug stuff. I would say I wouldnt get you to help e with the source as you are far off working that out i would say

also MSN is the best way to do this

and I need to know if you are going to reupload this. As arcades plus could be released really soon (will need a full disc again as so many changes its impossible to patch really). A patch can follow in a week or 2 for extra games... I have locked down arcades roms for me so the patches will be small and GUI stuff only.