arcades2.0/xbmc pimpedHD!

fumanchu

you are only at the tip of the iceburg there is FAR MORE THAN THE SOURCE changed as stated many times but good luck its a steep curve for you from now on....

also once you like the source every game will have to be retested this takes the longest of the time for me...to make sure nothing is effected, this is carried out before each release

Sounds like I didn't get what I was asking for then. I haven't seen a single difference between what you gave me and mameox 1.1, actually, except for the fact that I can't sort by genre with yours. I'm thinking I might be better off starting with another source that is complete. From what I can tell, I won't be saving any time using the part of your project you provided me with. Thanks anyways though.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arcades is alot of differences than the source..... alot

you need to understand alot of support files CRC editing dats etc ... basically the underlying engine of mame

That's cool. That's what I needed to know. You didnt' provide me with what I need or asked for then. Oh well. Maybe I'll do something with MAMEox 1.1 from scratch then. Thanks anyways BP.

everything you need is supplied and even more so the features you want are allready done and in and have been for years...... just not used :afro: sorry as I said quite a while ago you should have listened really, in 2mins I would have expained how to do this but you dont need help. Start from mamedox 1.1 it doesnt have alot of the files you are wanting in there, its mostly in your lack of understanding that is slowing you down and I knew then and still know alot of the answers to puzzles that you will face with any of the sources. But sure I welcome you to redo everything from scratch again and better and supply the source openly even though its been done it wasnt really done with that much passion and I guess could have been written better supply the patch and ill remove the old code and update it.

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

everything you need is supplied and even more so the features you want are allready done and in and have been for years...... just not used :afro: sorry as I said quite a while ago you should have listened really, in 2mins I would have expained how to do this but you dont need help. Start from mamedox 1.1 it doesnt have alot of the files you are wanting in there, its mostly in your lack of understanding that is slowing you down and I knew then and still know alot of the answers to puzzles that you will face with any of the sources. But sure I welcome you to redo everything from scratch again and better and supply the source openly even though its been done it wasnt really done with that much passion and I guess could have been written better supply the patch and ill remove the old code and update it.

Yeah.... I'm pretty much screwed. The people I thought could help I'm just now coming to realize don't know much more than I do, and basically nil about MAME. It was nice winning little battles here and there, and I'm glad that I finally got a debug box and figured out how to hook up the XBox to my computer for debugging, but I've spent 3 days or so just trying to figure anything new out to no avail. It's pretty cool seeing the innards of an emu on MAME as well, even if I don't really know exactly what it is that I'm looking at.

Guess you win BP. I'm completely lost if everything is there. I'm not going to figure this out on my own, or even with the help I thought I had. As of my writing this, the source is useless to me without somebody who knows wtf to do with it.

Edited by ressurectionx

I pretty much new this stuff from the start due to your knowledge to start with.....I know it sounds bad but I knew it was not going to be as easy you thought from the position you were in... but some people need to learn for themselves.

I am not and have never been opposed to what you want in. It was just that you have alot of errors and I wont support that you believe you dont have errors and want anwers to all the errors instantly and also want me to tread lightly... im sorry I just want to do the big bits fast and to sort out the rest one step at a time. I have been told of many many bugs and dont take it personally everyone makes errors and generally if it isnt an error no one comments. If you didnt take stuff so seriously and get pissed all the time and listen to advice then maybe you would have achieved your goal you think im the bad man for disallowing you when you are breaking into my project and telling me alot of stuff, I know your passion and would have worked with you but you must listen as I have shown you, your along way off understanding mame and your passion actually hinders you. In time if you were more patience I know you have what it takes to make a difference

Also you say im bad but you actually get personal about posts not about the stuff that counts the project... I just proved a point which I dont really like doing but with you I had to do this. You actually launched arcades forward but then killed the passion getting personal and blamed me for all the issues when Ive worked for years to make myself happy and tried to spread the love. So I offer you a my hand and say I can work with you but you must work to the rules as stated as its the only way that will benifit everyone cause your method I would say will benfit some but hinder alot. And my dream for arcades is to not let the tail wag the dog.

I believe I've been humbled BP. I cannot find any information specific to answering any of the questions that I have on MAME programming on the XBox on the internet and there is a whole lot more to learning it than I thought there would be. I'm usually able to figure things like this out for myself, but it is a lot more complex than I thought it would be and I don't know if I'm ready to spend the next two years learning this on my own. I kept figuring things out one step at a time, but I've come between a rock and a hard place and I'm completely lost at this point. Every time I think I figure something out, it doesn't work the way I think it would.

I'd like to offer my help now that I'm set up to debug myself and I'll be more patient this time around. Especially now since I know that without your help there is virtually no way I'm ever going to learn how to do this. I've got a 3 day weekend starting Sunday where I can knock a whole lot of work out on this if you want to let me know what to do.

Thanks for the lesson. :P

no worries its all pretty much done anyways....

from 2-3 years ago

ROMSTATUS.XML:

This release of MAMEoX adds preliminary support for an input file

from our upcoming ROM status reporting tool. This file will allow

MAMEoX to automatically hide ROMs that have been reported as broken.

To use the file, you'll eventually download it from the reporting

tool, and place it in the GENERAL subdirectory of your MAMEoX

directory.

For anybody who wants to try out the functionality, we're providing

a simple example file:

<Roms>

<Rom name="005" version="?">

<Status>Working</Status>

<Statusnumber>1</Statusnumber>

</Rom>

<Rom name="1942" version="?">

<Status>Slow/Frameskip</Status>

<Statusnumber>2</Statusnumber>

</Rom>

<Rom name="1941j" version="?">

<Status>Crash in game</Status>

<Statusnumber>3</Statusnumber>

</Rom>

<Rom name="1943" version="?">

<Status>Out of memory</Status>

<Statusnumber>4</Statusnumber>

</Rom>

<Rom name="1942a" version="?">

<Status>Other nonworking</Status>

<Statusnumber>5</Statusnumber>

</Rom>

</Roms>

The name="" attribute must be set to the name of the zip file of

the ROM, not to the description (don't worry, the reporting tool

will make this _much_ easier to figure it out).

version="" is currently ignored, you don't even have to include it.

The <Status></Status> tag is also ignored, it's just there to make

the file more readable.

The <Statusnumber> tag is read, the valid values are:

1 - ROM works

2 - ROM works, but has framerate problems

3 - The ROM crashes

4 - The ROM prints an "Out of Memory" message and quits

5 - The ROM doesn't work, but no more info is available

Please be aware that this is only preliminary support, so it's

likely very easy to crash MAMEoX with typos. If you have problems

after adding a ROMSTATUS.XML file to the GENERAL directory, please

post your file as a bug so that we can check it out and try to make

the system more robust! (You should also move it from the GENERAL

directory so your copy of MAMEoX works again )

all that has to be done is rename one of the status " even by hex editing" setup romstatus.xml and set each status of each game I could code it but this feature has never been used and is also in the skin engine " eg non work can be colored" non working could be called retro and could be set to grey if not a favorite and turned on/off with little work....

Thanks BP. I'm glad that we can put that all behind us now. I don't really understand all of this information inside the source and out at this point, but I do understand some of the smaller things that you were talking about before. I'm looking forward to learning anything you want to tell me about.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/i...php/t73791.html old history of this stuff I could of course reinvent the wheel but why when I have 5 odd sections (1 used for favs now) that I can color and filter very easily. And once setup is can be adpted with ease from an xml

Wow... that's pretty cool. So you can just use this romstatus.xml file that has already been made for other uses on MAME to suit your needs. Since all of the bad roms will be removed from your builds anyways, there is no need to have an "Out of Memory", "Rom Crashes", or even a "Rom Works" category, so you have 5 categories to use as you see fit, for things like "Favorites", "Retro", "Gun Games", or whatever you wanted to designate them.

I'm curious.... if you had to put a percentage on it BP, how much programming of Arcades do you actually do in the source? I'm starting to get the idea that most of the work that you do is outside of the source and I was barking up the wrong tree from the beginning.

about 50/50 if it needs source alteration I do it...if not I tweak the features that are availble now.

Which there are many unused or badly used features that can be massaged to better suit.

Also Light gun support is a dream....its so buggy there are so many ways that need supporting now... 100hz 60hz 50hz 30hz 25hz 1080p 1080i 1720p 720i 480i 480p 4x3 plasma projector LCD CRT and more than that so I am cancelling support for this... ill add the fixes but no way im adding a section it will lead to way more questions than answers