arcades2.0/xbmc pimpedHD!

fumanchu

That's cool. You don't have to look at it. I wasn't interested in the way you were going and you weren't interested in the way I was going. Nobody's fault there.

I appreciate you giving me the source though so I don't have to start all the way back at the beginning. Like I said before, your emu already was about 90 to 95% what I wanted, so if I figure out what I'm doing, I don't really have much work ahead of me to get it at 100%.

If you don't want to try it when I'm done, you can read the comments of people who wanted it my way in my thread on xbscene and how much it kicks ass if you want to see if I finally did it. If not, that's okay too. Good luck with your future projects.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as I say I allready know alot of bugs you will introduce I hope they dont make it in... also know of 100 plus games you havent including in your list that are of better quality than the ones you are adding but just putting them in and seeing if they work is only a 50percent test really. But good luck my only concern is future builds ill have to lock this stuff out as I dont want to put my name to it and I only hope my name doesnt get associated sorry but I truely hope it isnt...

PS ive seen your cat list and buggy game list and I dont trust what xbox scene people say at all really..... so im sorry I wont look at it as I havent with HK$ build (loaded for the first time a few weeks ago to see raiden jet) and BAED and Bender build its no offense I konw there ideas are closer to yours and arnt my idea of good direction, Ive also seen these come and go even though people on XS loved these and told me they are way better. I didnt really listen to that just left and continued elsewhere as it was plain to me that they arnt really the people I should listen to. This was proven again when I returned and not in a small way Id say apart from old schoolers nearly everyone there made me feel stronger that I shouldnt listen to anyone there. The stuff they tell me are facts are laughable to people with knoweldge and they feel so strongly its true I cant fight that and in truth dont want to. So in no way do I want to support or talk to them as feel they are talking with facts and I dont even know where these facts are coming from or why they believe such stuff all I can think is I totally have no idea what im doing or they are delusional there is no other explaination for this type of behavour. But hey XS is for you my friend good luck

its like someone telling elvis on a forum hes black and many supporting the decision he is and saying they know 100percent for sure he is. Should he believe them what do you think?

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

Sure man. I respect that you don't like my direction. It's something that I'd work on until it was fixed the way I want it to be too. I just have to figure out how to program it and I'll do that. There was only one problem that I had with your emulator, and that was that you didn't include all the working games when there is a way to turn off a lot of them in the options if you don't want to play them. That's what I'm going to do so people can have them if they want them.

If you really think that BAED was on Arcades level, and I don't think for a second that you do, then all I would have to do is fix a little of that emu when I figure out the coding aspect. That's not the case. There are tons of roms that you got working that didn't work before by using other versions or keymapping changes. To my knowledge, your emulator is the only one that plays Ikari Warriors and Forbidden Worlds correctly. For that, I thank you, and for giving me your source so all of those bugs are already taken care of I also thank you.

I'm a long way off from that and I plan on seeing it through. I won't associate your name with it at all if that's what you want. Thanks for all the work you've done to this point.

Have fun coding,

~Rx

ive never removed sort by genre ever.... I only reordered sort methods and removed some like parent

PS I will be back onto this project soon properly at the moment im setting up a new machine.... then ill have time for a proper look at this again on a shiny new machine :)

ive never removed sort by genre ever.... I only reordered sort methods and removed some like parent

PS I will be back onto this project soon properly at the moment im setting up a new machine.... then ill have time for a proper look at this again on a shiny new machine :)

Okay... that's weird. After compiling, the only options I have for sort mode are Name, ROM Status, Manufacturer, Year and Parent ROM. I'll have to figure out why that is.

Thanks.

all the solutions might not be in the source...... I change alot more than the source to get it to arcades level and all must work together seamlessly

What I'm not understanding is how any changes you've made to the GUI are showing up for me at all since you didn't provide your MAMEoXLauncher project to the solution with the source. I just got the MAME and MAMEoX projects and I had to provide my own "libsmb", "MAMEoXLauncher" and "SharedResources".

It seems to me that all of the information on how the GUI should perform is in MAMEoXLauncher. I thought you might mean that maybe there were changes in the skin.ini file after the fact, but I dont' see anything about sortmodes in that.

Very confusing..... I just want to get the sort working so I can say I got something done this weekend.

thought you wanted the keymapping and sectioning code thats all handed over now. Launcher code wasnt supplied as not needed everything else was

Well.... that's good and bad news. Good news that nothing on them was changed since they weren't provided. Bad news because there is no reason that sort by type shouldn't be working now, but it's not. At least I know now that you didn't change any launcher code. Something is messed up though.

I guess I was expecting full Arcades source code that would work exactly as you had it upon compile. With all of the infinite variables here I can't be sure that I'm even using the right files that I've added to the solution.

Another weird thing is that 1941 doesn't load (some other games with the same problem too). It is asking me for romfiles that aren't included in the zip. 1941 did work on your last public build though, and the 1941 zip file that I have is the one that was included in the Platinum II download, so I can't see why this would happen. I noticed that there are no drivers in the MAME project for 1941 either. (no 1941.c)

EDIT: Never mind that last part. Just learned something new. I see the drivers for 1941 in cps1.c for the Capcom games. I'll have to be a bit more resourceful finding some of the drivers it seems. I'm going to have to figure out why the zipfile supplied in Platinum II doesn't work now too.

Edited by ressurectionx

you are only at the tip of the iceburg there is FAR MORE THAN THE SOURCE changed as stated many times but good luck its a steep curve for you from now on....

also once you like the source every game will have to be retested this takes the longest of the time for me...to make sure nothing is effected, this is carried out before each release

Edited by BritneysPAIRS