Nanotechnology of the Future

Jitway

1416.jpg

On display at the Museum of Modern Art in New York from February 24 to May 12 is a nanotechnology-equipped concept mobile device.

The Morph is the result of an ongoing partnership between Nokia and the University of Cambridge, and illustrates their ideas of how future devices will look and function. It's a multipurpose unit with context-dependent shape; so whatever its intended use may be at the time, it can be structurally modified to fit the user's needs.

Nokia's partnership with the University of Cambridge began in 2007 and encompasses different projects in several areas. While these initial developments come from the nanoscience center and electrical division of the engineering department at Cambridge, other groups will be included in upcoming projects.

Nokia, in typically forward-thinking fashion, said it expects certain features shown in the Morph demo to be integrated into handheld devices within seven years.

This is cool as hell. I doubt it comes in seven years but still cool. I especially like were you can change its color to your attire and wear it.

Edited by Jitway

On display at the Museum of Modern Art in New York from February 24 to May 12 is a nanotechnology-equipped concept mobile device.

The Morph is the result of an ongoing partnership between Nokia and the University of Cambridge, and illustrates their ideas of how future devices will look and function. It's a multipurpose unit with context-dependent shape; so whatever its intended use may be at the time, it can be structurally modified to fit the user's needs.

Nokia's partnership with the University of Cambridge began in 2007 and encompasses different projects in several areas. While these initial developments come from the nanoscience center and electrical division of the engineering department at Cambridge, other groups will be included in upcoming projects.

Nokia, in typically forward-thinking fashion, said it expects certain features shown in the Morph demo to be integrated into handheld devices within seven years.

This is cool as hell. I doubt it comes in seven years but still cool. I especially like were you can change its color to your attire and wear it.

Wow. Cheers Jit. It does look amazing but as you said, a rollout in 7 years seems a bit ambitious. I hope not though!

Wow, I've been wondering lately what we're going to do next. I thought we might've made everything we could, and now we're just making everything smaller with higher capacity for data, but I guess not. I can't wait to see what all this new nanotechnology can do.

Being a Chemical Engineering major, my professors work a ton in the nanotech field (almost exclusively in fact) and some of the stuff they are working on is amazing. My favorite applications are in the biomedical field though...molecules designed to hold other molecules for medicinal transport...its so cool..

Last night I figured out what we could work on next! We could work on making medicine that not only helps your body, but also WON'T KILL IT!! It's like any medicine now will fix whatever's wrong with you, but it'll give you every side effect of drinking the water in Mexico. xD (No offense to people in Mexico, I'm talking about foreigners that drink the water)