changing speed of rom select in FBA-xxx

bulge2

hi im using fba for my neogeo stuf and im having problems with my xbox arcade cab

the problem is with the input type of the rom select screen. currently it accepts an analouge input so the more you push the analogue stick the faster the rom select screen scrolls. my conversion board acsepts sends a digital signal (from my arcade joystick) as if it were the analogue stick, rather than the d-pad. So when i use the joystick to select a rom the select speeds through about 5-10 roms at a time (super-fast!).

is there any ini file i can edit or something, or is it hard-coded? as the source is out there can anyone help my problem

thanks in advance

bulge2

i dont know if this is of any use to you but i tried putting a controller into control port3 and i had the same control as i had say in control port1.maybe you could put a controller in port3 and navigate the roms with the control pad.i know its not the answer your looking for,its just a suggestion.

thanks for the suggestion but it doesnt solve the problem as this is a dedicated cab - sort of made to not look like its got an xbox in it. so no controllers.

i believe it would take some tweaking in the build by someone who knows about it.

thanks anyway

have you tried other neogeo emus,like say KAWA-X an old emu i know but it actually loads the neogeo roms a lot quicker than fba,but if i have to be honest i use fbaxxxpr myself,but kawa-x to me when i have tried it,just feels control-wise anyway better,i dont know if it would solve your controller problem,ill go and try just now and see how it is with the controller setup and the speed in which it scrolls down the menu.

well kawax uses the d-pad,it aint configured to the analouge stick at all and it scroll down very slowly,would this make a difference seeing as kawax isnt configured to the analouge stick at all.

Edited by fumanchu

ok thanks

are there any other advantages/ disadvantages to using kawa over fbaa-xxx

well disadvanteges first- main one is its an old emu,so i dont think it emulates kof2003 and meta slug5,but you can edit the roms i think to run them,theres an old thread in this forum about it.

advantages-quicker loading times and i think the controls feel a little bit more responsive.

kawa-x basically emulates cps1,cps2 and neogeo.much the same as fbaxxx without the others games iedodonpachi and all the other shooters.

but personally i use fbaxxpro myself but you could try it,the neogeo roms load extremely quickly.

ok thanks ill try out kawa tomorrow i think, but im trying to get a complete fba set as i love the shooters as well.

is there a list of working roms for kawa so i can compare to my fba romset?

also who actually worked on fba-xxx that still around?

thanks again

the guy who worked on fbaxxxpro is called +T+,he stopped doing fba a couple of months ago and released the source code.he used to post on these forums quite a bit.

i do know that most of your neogeo roms wont work on fba,as fba uses the more up to date romsets.im sure i seen a datfile posted over at xbox-scene for kawa-x.

what version of fba do you use?