Arcades 2.0 is coming

BritneysPAIRS

A will never happen now. You can add your own roms....for me UX (ill help out the author if I can get in contact with him as I dont have source anyways to add it, I need the source to help here) cant really do anything XBMC cant and the skin engine is years behind and so is the feature list so ill never go there as well sorry. Mouse support and 128Meg support has been scrapped now as well, the stance is

If its good ill add it if its not for a standard Xbox config or just clutter it wont make it.. it was the goal from the start and it should stay this way, for people that want more they really need to switch to HK Plus build and also to BAED its really what you guys want.

Im looking for ideas to simplfy the game sorting really and good games to add all the rest to me isnt worth while (mouse support doesnt look to hard but it has some issues and if anyone wants to know the issues ill help them sort them out)

Sorry guys I need to set the direction again its getting into the grey area somebody should look into altering BAED to what they want it for, people that want tonnes of options and all games.

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how many times I have to say that BAED and HK builds suck.

I don't think you understand that without somebody to remap buttons, these emulators are worthless. I really don't see the problem of adding the games and having the ability to have them turned off by default. Looks like nearly 50% of the people want A, and since it won't be in anybody's way that doesn't want it, I still can't figure out what the hangup is.

I have said for years and years that I want a clean simple interface and this was the vision this is the reason why I split from Mamedox and HK as we worked together on it. That design Philosphy was set years ago and is why arcades is arcades now... and also is why the other builds are the way they are now. To change this philosphy without compeling reasons wont happen to me. There seem to be enough support for more stuff I say get a team together and just do it, it would be welcomed by people id say. I personally would never download it but im sure it would get alot of support and like BAED (PS although I helped out ive never actually seen BAED) id help with small things if needed.

I played some of those games and they are so bad and have issues I dont want to help fix, you guys can fix them no issues there but I wont be id rather be moving to an HD EMU thats simple and pretty.

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

Does that mean that we can have your source when you deviate and go for the HD emu integrated with XBMC? Reinventing the wheel when 95% of the job is already done for me in Arcades is not a very attractive proposal.

The way I figure it, there are only between 300 and 400 games left that work that are not in Arcades now. Only about 40 or so of them need remapping.

Then there is a few GUI options, like being able to turn those roms off that I'd like to add.

Other than that, your emulator is the perfect emu. It's really only about 3 hours work according to what you have said about how little effort it takes to implement it. You've probably spent more time telling me no than it would take to actually do it.

I'm still trying to figure out why you bothered asking everyone what they'd like in the first place if you knew from the start you weren't going to add them.

you dont have the skills or my vision and it would ruin my vision Id say if you want help with your own vision I can give it but MAMEdox source is for you, I would do it if I supported the vision but for me the vision isnt right and the way you want to go forward wont have me along for the ride.

you have your vision you have said it enough and lobbied hard but honestly I dont want to be part of it and dissagree totally when I think about it.... I support your vision is right for you and that you should find a way to make it happen, never give up on your dreams -_-. So for now I must bow out as this discussion on putting in these games it isnt for me its for everyone who wants them in.

The question of what people wanted was in part for you if its false well I could tell you if its true you should be able to get the skills to do it no worries

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

this thread is a mess.

im going to start a new thread so dont ask bs about source-code in this new thread RX,im just wanting it kept on topic about features or rom suggestions,for i hope anyway will be a new upgrade for arcades.so hopefully bs will respond in this new thread as i definetly want to see this new upgrade and keeping it public is for eveyones benefit associated with the scene.

You will never get the source... Im pulling the pin on this thread now please use it rally support ill be going private

hi BritneysPAIRS so many of us was hope for this release :( ... please don't let the comments from ressurectionx :naughty: stop you from releasing your project.

ressurectionx stop posting your not welcome here anymore :shootem: