• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All.

First off My lovely Greek Goddess.

This is your show.

Do what you want.

2nd = C is probably best for the community.

After that ....... D is a cool concept..... Maybe better Played out on a Duel Layered DVD.

But really folks.... in xbox modding 2008. shouldn't we all Have at least a 400 gig HD.

Maybe C should be played to the masses but D is HD Territory.

I Remember releasing a set on sky years ago. I didn't try to please anybody and ended up pleasing many.

So this post is only for the goddess..... I remember reading one of your first post. in the sense you were willing to help out. or should i say yearning. you stand so knowledgeable now. it makes me jelouse.

Love YA peace

Well C is done now :) D will actually be alot smaller as the game selection will be tight eg about 50 or so. I lost my logon to sky many years ago if you know how to get me onto there its a good place to release I heard it was on there anyways Cheers PS D would be 720P sorted for sure

PS also thinking about patching XBMC to load mame zip files and launch them as well as default.xbe games

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

Also I have an issue now this patch is so big and so much has changed theres a problem with syncing the game... it comes due the fact that alot of roms will be extra in the folder. It will patch fine but when you scan for roms it will add all the issued ones..... dont know how to overcome this with out a totally new build really

Aside from using a hex editor to change names, I wasn't aware that I could modify the .xbe. You mean that I can make my own modifications now!!!!? Please, don't take that ability out. And somebody, for the love of christ PM me and tell me how to make my own mods to the .xbe.

It will patch fine but when you scan for roms it will add all the issued ones.....

What do you mean?

I think this problem may be able to be overcome with torrentzipping the entire build, but I couldn't be sure until we tried it.

I didn't follow along in the other (older) threads when i got sick to find out if 128MB Ram upgrades are now supported, so i'm once again advocating that functionality be included in this.

furthermore, i saw a discussion about direct rom launching from UnleashX. I do not use XBMC as a dash...XBMC is a great media center, but a poor/unstable dashboard, and it will remain so until one can create a 100% customized environment, with the ability of nested virtual folders, as well as the many other features that make UX the better choice for a dashboard. So, i'd like to see this functionality for direct launch within UnleashX be included also.

i know this next request is a longshot, but i'd kill for some systemlink capabilities. some pals of mine are dying to play Street Fighter Alpha 3 online with me, but since i refuse to play infront of a PC screen, if i don't play it on an xbox or Ps2, it isn't going to happen.

As for size, I'm inclined to agree with others here....maybe a multiple disc set is in order....i have 5 xboxes here....2 with 500gb drives, 1 with a 400gb, and 2 with 300gbs. I've got the space to install this to the hard drive. If i get all the games AND the slick/flashy interface but i lose the ability to play off a single disc, screw the single disc!

As for direction, I personally would like to go for A....one never knows what games get left out. I played Gals Panic a lot when i was younger, and based on the "no nude" games stance (Miss world 96 nude), i have a feeling that some games that would be enjoyable for certain people will not see support in this emulator, which would force me to have 2 emulators on my xbox to do the same thing. My personal goal in Emulation is to eliminate all the doubles and non-working stuff....not to weed out what I "MIGHT" not play. As it stands right now, instead of overwriting my old MAME roms folder when this came out, i was forced to keep 2 copies of Mame (Arcades and Mameox128+) on the drive just to make sure that any games that were not supported by Arcades that played fine for me were still kept (128mb supported games, "nude" games, etc).

so for me, i see the best option as Option C with a menu option to turn it into Option A

Lastly, thank you for all the hard work on this.