Microsoft Lets Xbox 360 Users Build And Share Games

Jitway

"Our goal is to drive a creative and social revolution in games with the same transformative power that we've seen in digital music and video sharing," said Schappert.

Among the homespun games that Xbox users can already share is Little Gamers -- a 2-D, side-scrolling action game created by a 24-year-old Belgian software programmer. There's also a puzzle game called Trilinea that was built by a trio of Brazilian developers. And Rocket Ball, developed by a U.S. gamer, features a street version of dodge ball.

Microsoft is hoping that the effort will lead to an explosion in the number of titles available for the Xbox 360. The company said it expects that more than 1,000 games will be available for the console by the end of this year.

It's about time.

Full story HERE

I tried the dishwasher. pretty bad ass. I tried the crayon knockoff car game too. it was fun as well. so far so good I'd say and I can't wait for the full launch. if only the membership cost for devs wasn't so high (100 a year last a read) more small time guys could get in to it. you can download the xna environment free, but you have to be a member to transfer your games to your xbox.

How do I do this exactly? Download the XNA thing and then it lets me download games? I haven't been on my 360 in awhile.

yeah you have to get the xna download launcher. run that and press Y to download teh 10 or so demos available. but be quick about it. the XNA thingy is only available till monday I believe. the games are 15 day trials. make sure to get "The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai."