is DS2Key discontinued?

SoxHeero

There's no updated when there's one needed, and sadly no one can use it with the new Nintendo DS Lite. Is it discontinued? This project was a great experience for myself and other people.. Replaced with a DS Lite, some people are expected to move on with this great project out.

DS Lite owners can not experience the DS2Key's power unless the WiFi lib is compiled for the DS Lite. If this could be simply "recompiled", than the project will be "complete". DS2Key offered alot, even configuring your own keys by simply replacing values. Yes, you can customize your own keys and it would be registered. This project offered the experience of "feeling the purchase of a real wireless game pad" with just the DS. Saving 40$ or so to not buy a real game pad, it offered the touchscreen to move the mouse as an analog.

Hardly any posts from 2 years ago, and googling DS2Key that offers a very old version left me in despair! Not really, it's not that much of a big deal, but it's just simpler to say behind all this sarcasm that this was a great project and shouldn't be easily discontinued.

Btw, DS2Win has offered the game pad functions. The early versions faced the same problems because of the WiFi hardware on the DS lite. However, since the DS2Win(Originally Win2DS) has been re-continued by supporters, the DS2Win still doesn't deliver the great functions of the DS2Key.

I can assume that the project was long discontinued and also assuming many people would help bring back DSPad, if they had the source code to recompile the WiFi lib.

There's no updated when there's one needed, and sadly no one can use it with the new Nintendo DS Lite. Is it discontinued? This project was a great experience for myself and other people.. Replaced with a DS Lite, some people are expected to move on with this great project out.

DS Lite owners can not experience the DS2Key's power unless the WiFi lib is compiled for the DS Lite. If this could be simply "recompiled", than the project will be "complete". DS2Key offered alot, even configuring your own keys by simply replacing values. Yes, you can customize your own keys and it would be registered. This project offered the experience of "feeling the purchase of a real wireless game pad" with just the DS. Saving 40$ or so to not buy a real game pad, it offered the touchscreen to move the mouse as an analog.

Hardly any posts from 2 years ago, and googling DS2Key that offers a very old version left me in despair! Not really, it's not that much of a big deal, but it's just simpler to say behind all this sarcasm that this was a great project and shouldn't be easily discontinued.

Btw, DS2Win has offered the game pad functions. The early versions faced the same problems because of the WiFi hardware on the DS lite. However, since the DS2Win(Originally Win2DS) has been re-continued by supporters, the DS2Win still doesn't deliver the great functions of the DS2Key.

I can assume that the project was long discontinued and also assuming many people would help bring back DSPad, if they had the source code to recompile the WiFi lib.

I have for a long time wanted to update DS2Key, but my job takes my time, and the rest of my time is devoted to sleeping or talking to my girl... I can't say DS2Key is dead, but I can't say when I can revive it... I still have a lot of interest in updating and redesigning DS2Key to be able to do more than just a gamepad for the pc.. I might try to work on at least remaking and fixing the DS side of DS2Key this week... Although don't at anytime think this will happen, if I don't get the time, it won't happen.

I have for a long time wanted to update DS2Key, but my job takes my time, and the rest of my time is devoted to sleeping or talking to my girl... I can't say DS2Key is dead, but I can't say when I can revive it... I still have a lot of interest in updating and redesigning DS2Key to be able to do more than just a gamepad for the pc.. I might try to work on at least remaking and fixing the DS side of DS2Key this week... Although don't at anytime think this will happen, if I don't get the time, it won't happen.

Ok, I apparently had some code I was trying to remake the client with in the past, it was near done, and now it should be done... Anyone able to test this please do, it works with the 0.7 server release, and it should be in the same state as the previous client release, built with current binaries... Again, no idea if and when I'll be able to code, apparently I could today...

DS2Key_02.22.08.rar

• 3 months later...
Ok, I apparently had some code I was trying to remake the client with in the past, it was near done, and now it should be done... Anyone able to test this please do, it works with the 0.7 server release, and it should be in the same state as the previous client release, built with current binaries... Again, no idea if and when I'll be able to code, apparently I could today...

Well, hi, i just tried this in my new DS lite to play wardriving Oo :D, and, YES, it worked. All other versions failed, so I want to say "Thank you !"

• 1 month later...