DJ Hero

Bambi

I read on another site this...Sounds like it could be alright :P

Activision Blizzard certainly has big plans for its Guitar Hero franchise, with a fourth game in the series apparently slated for this year and a new Aerosmith-focused addition due out in June 2008. And the newly created mega-publisher looks to be planning to increase its footprint in the rhythm game genre, with news appearing over the weekend that the company has trademarked the name DJ Hero for "video game software" and "video game controllers".

As reported by trademark-focused website Trademork, Activision Publishing first filed the trademark request on February 8, 2008. According to the United States Patent and Trademark Office's Trademark Application and Registration Retrieval System, the DJ Hero trademark applies to "computer game software and related instruction manual sold together as a unit; interactive video game programs; computer game discs; downloadable software for use in connection with computer games; video game controllers; Interactive video game comprised of a CD or DVD sold as a unit with a video game controller".

The trademark filing is the first official move by Activision into the turntable-based music sphere, a move many game watchers had predicted after Guitar Hero's massive success. Last month, the publisher announced that the rhythm game franchise, which it bought in 2006 for nearly $100 million, has generated over $1 billion in sales worldwide.

hmmm......wonder whether it will took off. Not many people are into Djing but a lot of people like to be like a rockstar, which is why GH and Rock Band took off.

Very skeptical about this.

The city near me had a few beatmania cabinets and there was always a line to play it, If they market it better than beatmania was it could be big but not huge

It's getting quite funny now... Konami / Bemani are getting screwed out of all the ideas they came up with first, but never took off overseas.

Harmonix, Red Octane and Activision must be laughing their heads off.

Ok the difference between Konami's sh!t and Guitar Hero is extreme.

GH times everything well, Guitar Freaks (Konami's game) not only had sh!ty songs, but their clicks had to be persentent (I played it at the arcade near me and it was horrible, I ended up missing some clicks because I was used to GH).

Also, GF is very bland and "Country Singer" looking, it sucked, hardcore, GH executed the idea right, hence them making money! Also they advertised it as a "cool" product (almost every prep/rocker in my school plays this, every day), hence them making it!