No Thongs or Midriffs Please, Say Schools

Alpha

PARIS (Reuters) - French schools are cracking down on a craze among teenage girls to flash their midriffs and wear skimpy G-strings that peek brazenly out from above their low-cut trousers.

A number of head teachers in France -- where school uniforms are practically unheard of -- have slapped a ban on showing off thongs and tummies, the French daily Le Parisien said on Friday. "In the eyes of boys, thongs reduce girls to bottoms," former junior education minister Segolene Royal said.

"These adolescents are, sadly, a reflection of the society they are sold -- a society where women's bodies are shown off like vulgar merchandise," she told the newspaper.

Teenage girls the world over are sporting ever-lower hipster jeans, pierced navels and tattoos, and have been yanking up their barely-there thongs to show above their trousers.

Underwear makers in France report soaring sales of such garments to girls as young as 10.

"The thong has become a fashion accessory like a handbag or a belt. You let it show above your hipster jeans just like you let your bra-strap show," Le Parisien quoted a spokeswoman for the Dim underwear company as saying. Teachers are having none of it, however, despite squeals of protest from students.

"I am quite happy to accept girls showing their navels -- but not in a high school," said Claudine Wendling-Brickert, headmistress at the Ribeauville High School in Haut-Rhin.

Credits: Yahoo.com

------------------------------------------

Well I'll let you guys quote on this one. :)

Move to france and echoes of "jail bait" would keep rining in my ear.

Were i live you got girls waring crap like this, you take a second look and say, she couldent be a day other 15.

I think what there doing is correct, sure the girls that ware this stuff are probablie naivie but a few of them wont be.

Humans are animlas we have "urges to contend with" flashing the very thing that us males find attractive is like saying come and get it "big boy".

Some girls dress like total sluts, when you chat them up they act like they aint intrested even thoght there mini skirt shows of the basE of there clit......

FrEaKS.

I've always had a strong opinion of this. I hate it that girls wear these kind's of clothing. It's degrading towards them and they dont even know it. Pretty soon Im going to look at the news and see "Rape reports have achieved an all time high". It frustrates males by seeing this sitting next to you in a classroom and it shows women really don't know how to act at such a young age. Hell, I've seen hookers that dress more conservative compared to some of the girls that went to my highschool. It's not right that girls show off their bodies like they do. Im not saying Im ever going to be a father, but I do stop and wonder "what are their parent's thinking when their daughter goes out dressed like a whore". I say ALL schools should have uniforms for the simple fact that today's fashion's are getting way out of hand in terms of flashyness.

I've always had a strong opinion of this. I hate it that girls wear these kind's of clothing. It's degrading towards them and they dont even know it. Pretty soon Im going to look at the news and see "Rape reports have achieved an all time high". It frustrates males by seeing this sitting next to you in a classroom and it shows women really don't know how to act at such a young age. Hell, I've seen hookers that dress more conservative compared to some of the girls that went to my highschool. It's not right that girls show off their bodies like they do. Im not saying Im ever going to be a father, but I do stop and wonder "what are their parent's thinking when their daughter goes out dressed like a whore". I say ALL schools should have uniforms for the simple fact that today's fashion's are getting way out of hand in terms of flashyness.

I have to agree 100% with Gouken. Girls are just asking for themselves to be abused or whatever now of days. It makes me sick seeing thongs for 9 year olds on SALE! I mean come on, this thong thing is getting way way to crazy. And I am sick of seeing girls holding their pants up with one hand whenever they walk or constantly pulling it up.

PS: Don't to be fooled by what I put for the Topic Description, I was really joking. However I wanted to know if you guys felt the same about this. And it seems that so far most of you do. I also thought that this might bring back some memories with our Girls and Tatoo's thread. :(

I have to agree 100% with Gouken. Girls are just asking for themselves to be abused or whatever now of days. It makes me sick seeing thongs for 9 year olds on SALE!

That's a parenting issue. Parents are the reason the kids are getting out of hand now. Remember what used to happen to you if you did something wrong? Me? I got a switch from a tree or a belt!!! Schools can't even discipline because they could get sued.

Maybe if we (the guys) stopped giving the girls this attention when they wear these and instead snurl our noses at them like we are too good for them then maybe they would get the message.

Me, I only give conservative girls positive attention. A girl comes up to me flashing stuff she is treated like a hoe.

I agree about the parents thing.

None of my kids, if they are girls, will be wearing crap like at a young age.

Things like showing thongs and belly button piercings etc have all gone too far now. You get overwieght girls walking around with thier bellies hanging over thier trendy pants. It's not nice :(

Things like showing thongs and belly button piercings etc have all gone too far now. You get overwieght girls walking around with thier bellies hanging over thier trendy pants. It's not nice  :(

yeah heh...

Thank god the summer has gone in england.

Things like showing thongs and belly button piercings etc have all gone too far now. You get overwieght girls walking around with thier bellies hanging over thier trendy pants. It's not nice  :)

yeah heh...

Thank god the summer has gone in england.

It doesn't stop them. All that blubber keeps them nice and warm, even in the autumn and winter :(

Ok that was mean, sorry cuddly girls!

Well I believe the total opposite... Girls have a right to express themselves in the way they want... Around my way if a girl dresses a certain way she's given a "label" i mean girls know when they're messin wit da boundaries. And the girls who take it all the way past the boundaries acheive the distinction of bein "easy" even if she isn't. I don't think this is a parenting or school issue, it's up to a girl's own judgement to know when she's wrong