Blue-ray wins HD format war

Robert

i don't get y some of you r hating on blu-ray and keep saying u'll stick to DVD. besides the price i don't see any disadvantage of blu-ray. i eman eventually the price of blu-ray and hdtv and anything having to do with blu-ray and HD will go down so just wait. As for digital distribution, yea it's great but not everyone have internet and even if they do, not everyone have fast internet so physical media will stay.

I hate blu-ray because I hate sony. I hate sony because them nigga's be gay. So there, do I need more reason?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't get y some of you r hating on blu-ray and keep saying u'll stick to DVD. besides the price i don't see any disadvantage of blu-ray. i eman eventually the price of blu-ray and hdtv and anything having to do with blu-ray and HD will go down so just wait. As for digital distribution, yea it's great but not everyone have internet and even if they do, not everyone have fast internet so physical media will stay.

I hate blu-ray because I hate sony. I hate sony because them nigga's be gay. So there, do I need more reason?

Agreed. lol no seriously Agreed!

Agreed. lol no seriously Agreed!

:blink: You guys don't have the right to an opinion. On anything.

lol no Im just fooling. I do have a few gripes with sony but just like veryone else I never really thought about the hddvd blu-ray war.

You has no right on telling others they can't opinionize.

PWNED

I still can't believe Blu-Ray won. Summary of random thoughts below.

Blu-Ray is an unfinished standard, unless you buy a PS3 your player is probably going to become outdated eventually. Thats pretty annoying.

Blu-Ray also doesn't support a lot of the cool lossless sound formats HD-DVD did. Also annoying. I guess technically they could add it however.

Other than that Blu-Ray probably is a better format from a technical standpoint (Larger discs, even though no one is using anywhere near the max, and faster transfer rates)

It's pretty weird that HD-DVD had all the important studios pretty much and all the sudden they went to Blu-Ray like overnight and out of nowhere.

Great, I hope this doesn't end up being another stupid annoying Sony proprietary format, I don't like all the bullshit protection mechanisms on it.

Where the hell is digital distribution? Screw these discs, they are piling up all over the place. I'm sticking with bittorrent for my HD and otherwise movie goodness.

I refuse to accept it as well.

This makes no sense whats so ever, HD imo still seems like the better choice in both eco and tech, so what the hell?

O wait, nvm, Blu-G@y = a better form of invesment, more money spent but profit probably come in larger numbers....

Fuking companies, o well, at least one of em finaly fuking won, now if I win the lotto, I know I can buy a PS3 just for the player without feeling like I threw away $400 (or $600, I wouldn't want to buy a cheap Ps3).

You guys just don't get it

The Key is in the Processing

1080p processing can be done at the source, such as on a Upscaling DVD Player, Blu-ray Disc Player, or HD-DVD player - or it can be done by the HDTV itself.

Depending on the actual video processors used, there may or may not be a difference in having the TV do the final processing (referred to as deinterlacing) step of converting 1080i to 1080p.

For instance, if the TV is utilizing a Faroudja Genesis, DVDO, Silicon Optix HQV, or homegrown processors, such as the ones used in higher-end Sony, Pioneer, Hitachi, and Panasonic sets for example, may be equal to the processors used in many source components - so the results displayed on screen should be equivalent, or very close. Any differences would be more noticable on larger screen sizes.

1080p, Blu-ray Disc and HD-DVD

Also, keep in mind that with both Blu-ray and HD-DVD, the actual information on the disc itself is in the 1080p/24 format. Players, such as LG BH100 Blu-ray/HD-DVD combo player, have the ability to output 1080p/24 direct from the disc to its output.

Blue Ray is superior and I am all for one format for now. I am not saying that others should not try to experiment and make this better but for now Blue Ray wins...and yes Sony and Time Warner had a lot to do with this.