Game Difficulty?

Diso

Another generic general game thread. I'm pretty sure this topic was created before, but styles change over time (plus I can't find the topic either).

In recent times, I usually pick the hardest difficulty in games nowadays (Crysis, COD4, Timeshift, etc). The thrill of dying so easily and cheaply became somewhat of a enjoyment factor for me. Not really sure when that happened. Plus, the game seems a bit more memorable and such when you take out the things (auto-aim, more ammo, more damage) that the easier modes give you. Dying 29034823094823 times > Dying twice. IStill play on normal or easy modes though if its a genre I'm not used to or I feel like easing my way through the game for the story or completion.

Although recently, I haven't come across any retardedly easy games lately. And by retardedly easy, I mean it's near impossible to die unless you're trying to.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far Cry is brutal.

Devil May Cry 1/3.

God of War I/II in God Mode.

Ninja Gaiden on the NES.

Ninja Gaiden was hard as hell until you learn the patterns of everything... no easy task. What I could never get past anything was Battletoads. That game was hell, it was good, but to hard to enjoy.

Edited by Tynvar

haha Battletoads is completely awesome. I rule at that game because me and a friend used to play it constantly when we where kids, I can beat the game by myself now because of all the practice. I didn't even think people thought it was that hard.

I can't accomplish crap in the old school NES megaman games, maybe I never really sat down and tried hard enough, but I'm pretty sure it would take me awhile just to reach a boss and then I would probably die.

haha Battletoads is completely awesome. I rule at that game because me and a friend used to play it constantly when we where kids, I can beat the game by myself now because of all the practice. I didn't even think people thought it was that hard.

I can't accomplish crap in the old school NES megaman games, maybe I never really sat down and tried hard enough, but I'm pretty sure it would take me awhile just to reach a boss and then I would probably die.

You're the first person I have ever read or heard having finished Battletoads without emu help, game genie or save states. You should be in the Nintendo hall of fame. :blink: