PS3 picking up sales

solidius23

I love the way you completely skewered me here. I wish I'd have put more thought in my previous post... sigh... I don't really know and I'll grab all 3 consoles anyway in the end, so I don't really care about who has what and which is better or other nonsense. Collectors never do anyway.

One thing though, I was referring to console options in my last line. For instance, the 360 Live thingie costs, and I, for instance, have an aversion to almost anything that requires me to shelve money from my pocket. The PS3 is attractive here because its thingie is free. I wasn't talking about games and whatnot. Also, PS3 will support a mouse and keyboard, so yet again, another attractive reason to grab it. 360 should keep up and introduce their own keyboard and so far. I can finally play FPS games without bursting some blood vessels because of the crappy controller being utterly and gigantically crap for those kinda games, and I can finally play all the great fighting games the way they were supposed to be played, with a great keyboard. :blink:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Microsoft want's to make it "fair" for console gamers hence their lack of keyboard/mouse intro (or else it would've sprang up with Halo 2 in Xbox).

Also, most of the godly games (aside nintendo) originaly came from 3rd party publishers, again software, not hardware. So the way I see it.

In order to get all good games, right now you need a 360/PS3/Wii.

But if either Sony or Microsoft owned the market, the only thing a consumer would need (to get the same amount of games) would be a W/e / Wii.

Besides, if either Microsoft or Sony stops making hardware, they'll probably end up like Sega, on it's old competetions system, so again, it's a win for the consumer if of them dominate the freaking market already.

If VF5R is a PS3 exclusive then I am going to buy a PS3. I don't care about consoles, I care about games.

Yes, Walk into the light of teh Holy PS3

playstation-3.jpg

If it comes out, i will by the game and you will help me learn to play, Yes?

I tried VF4 and i was kinda sucky at it =\

I have one word to describe what happens when one company dominates the market..

VISTA.

if mac was more prolific imagine how much better vista would have had to be to compete. if only MS or Sony own the market there is no reason for the hardware to innovate itself. just like if Only ATI or Nvidia were in graphics there would be no reason for pushing the limits of graphics cards. you need competition to get change and innovation. both on the hardware and software levels. Imagine if all games were made by EA?

Competition is GOOD. thats whats wrong with this softie world we live in now. we aren't teaching kids to be competitive, with all these trophies for participation and no losers little leagues.

I'll say it again. We play games. As long as there's competition amongst game developers there will be good games.

All 2 formats do is split the audience and market. Which is bad. Case in point- why should I have to buy a PS3 and a 360 to play VF5R and Lost Odyssey? Why I can't I just buy one machine and get all the games I want? Why should I have to shell out for 2 monstrous purchases that do essentially the same thing?

2 gaming formats just sucks.. period. Why was the PS2 the bestselling console ever with the best library of games ever? Think about that one.

I'll say it again. We play games. As long as there's competition amongst game developers there will be good games.

All 2 formats do is split the audience and market. Which is bad. Case in point- why should I have to buy a PS3 and a 360 to play VF5R and Lost Odyssey? Why I can't I just buy one machine and get all the games I want? Why should I have to shell out for 2 monstrous purchases that do essentially the same thing?

2 gaming formats just sucks.. period. Why was the PS2 the bestselling console ever with the best library of games ever? Think about that one.

I don't see where you are going with the ps2 reference. it had the dreamcast and xbox to compete with.

and like I said one hardware maker means stagnate hardware development. if the 360 was the only console in town this generation, there next upcoming machine would be nowhere as much a leap forward as if they had to worry about what sony and nintendo were up to. and hardware dictates how complex, innovative, and real are games are. if there is only one hardware platform we have to eat what ever they are serving with no complaints.

damn it your all mixing up opinions and crap that tend to go off topic!

If one person is talking about hardware, the other one goes off into software, then one person is talking about business, while the other one again software!

damn it your all mixing up opinions and crap that tend to go off topic!

If one person is talking about hardware, the other one goes off into software, then one person is talking about business, while the other one again software!

because it is all interconnected. we all want good software, but that relies on good hardware. and good hardware only comes from tough business competition.

This started off talking about one format dominating the other.

My PS2 reference was to do with it absolutely dominating the Dreamcast, the Xbox AND the Gamecube. It was almost like there was only 1 real platform last generation and the result was the best library of games ever.

I see your point about hardware and competition on that end and Im not really saying there should only be one console made... just that from the consumer's point of view its best that one dominates so badly that there is one place where we can get everything we want. The Xbox bombed, but the competition with Sony is what spurred the creation of the 360, so I get where you're coming from.

If VF5R is a PS3 exclusive then I am going to buy a PS3. I don't care about consoles, I care about games.

Yes, Walk into the light of teh Holy PS3

playstation-3.jpg

If it comes out, i will by the game and you will help me learn to play, Yes?

I tried VF4 and i was kinda sucky at it =\

Yeah sure.

But for now you should buy both VF4EVO and VF5 for the PS3. VF4EVO has a insane training and tutorial mode that walks you through all aspects of the game. It is a must and is one of the main reasons VF4EVO might be the best home console fighting game ever released. After you are done with that pop in VF5 and have fun. There are a few differences in Gameplay. When you get there I will provide you with some links explaining them. If you give VF a true shot and actually learn how to play you will see what a great game it is. :blink:

Ask BK.